Capital One Instant Approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Arnie R., Jun 26, 2000.

1. Arnie R.

Arnie R. Guest

I just applied online for a Cap One Classic card, which features "60 second decisions." Well, mine wasn't, as they said they need more time to evaluate my application. I know that alot of times this means denial, but has anyone else rec'd that message, and been approved? Also, which credit report(s) do they use?

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

RE: Capital One Instant Approv

i rec'd the same message about a month ago but i was later approved for an unsecured card with a $200 limit. so it doesn't necessarily mean a denial.

3. Arnie R.

Arnie R. Guest

Thank-you so much!

4. Robin

Robin Guest

I also got a 200 unsecured after they reviewed my application. Be very careful about overlimit, they are serious, I was $1 over my limit and they charged me $25. No amount of phone calls changed their minds, overlimit is as low as a penny. They also "lost" a payment (full balance) for about two weeks, but mysteriously found it when I sent in the minimum payment due by overnight mail thus avoiding a late fee (and securing proof of delivery). They "found" my original payment right after they posted my second payment. Coincidence?

They are not particularly pleasant in the customer service department. However, if you are careful, you should be okay. The benefit to having the Capital One card was that combined with having an Orchard card for about a year, I've qualified for much better cards and rates.

5. Beth

Beth Guest

I applied for their card on the phone through an automated operator about 3 weeks ago and I have not heard anything from them, do that mean denial or it takes longer for a response?

6. MS

MS Guest

The usual time of responce is 3 weeks, but sometimes it takes longer. I had to wait almost 4 weeks.

7. Arnie R.

Arnie R. Guest

I called a rep today, just to see if she could give me an answer about my application status. She did: and it was denied, for insufficient credit references.