Capital One Interest Rate lowe

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Jan 16, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello,

I recently applied for the Capital One Platinum card. I was declined for that but offered a new card. 0% interest for 2001, but a $6 monthly fee (which equals $72 annually). The card has the famous Cap. 1 $200 limit. Now I already have 2 Cap 1 cards (Gold and Classic). I was trying to upgrade to platinum.

So I called to cancel the card. The representative told me that the $200 was an immediate use limit, but when the card is activated, a new limit will be issued. Well that didnt happen, so I called again. I spoke to a guy who said that would never happen. I told him I didnt need another $200 limit card. I might as well just pay cash. After a long conversation over my irritation of being lied to, the representative lowered all of my interest rates to 15%. The 2 cards I have with 0% interest rates were going to go to 23% after initial offer was up.

I was unsuccessful in getting a credit limit increase. Even though I have always paid more than my minimum amount on my other 2 cards and never have been late, they say they cannot take that into account.

So my plan is to keep this card for 6 months and then role it into my Gold card. Any thoughts.

Michael C. Glass

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: 23% cap 1 ?

Really? I thought their highest apr was 19.8% and for their secured cards? Thats what the rep told me. man. that blows. Might as well have applied for aria, to get the 23% and low limits.

Whats holding you up? I had my secured for 11 months and went from $500 to $1100(total) and will get unsecured and closed next month :)

3. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Capital One Interest Rate

Excellent progress.

After you combine the cards, call retention again, and insist they lower your interest. When they finally offer you a 12.9% interest, take it.

Saar

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I applied online last November for the platinum and was offered the same 0% for 6 months, 19.8% after that with $6 monthly
    for membership fee.

I declined that offer immediatly.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I applied online last November for the platinum and was offered the same 0% for 6 months, 19.8% after that with $6 monthly
    for membership fee.

I declined that offer immediatly.

6. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Monthly Membership Fee

I love that piece. Of course, if they charge $6 per month - do you ever get 0% interest EVER?

I guess that depends when they apply the fee.