CAPITAL ONE IS CRAZY

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Nov 17, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I have a capital one visa .Today I recieved a preselected gold master card application from them. They are crazy if they think im gonna pay another $39.00 annual fee for a $200.00 credit line. Has any one else recieved this offer.

2. roni.

roni. Guest

I never got one. But people here have been talking about that offer for a while. Capital one hasnot offered me anything.

roni.

rolo wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have a capital one visa .Today I recieved a preselected gold master card application from them. They are crazy if they think im gonna pay another $39.00 annual fee for a $200.00 credit line. Has any one else recieved this offer.

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

I got it And it's an Imbarressment ! Gold card with a 200 limit . . To top it off in limit reporting . Capital one is a useless card if you ask me . no limit reporting kills any limit they give you !
    good luck

4. kaliban

kaliban Well-Known Member

I have the same card. I was told by CapOne that I could get a creditline increase after 6 months. So, I set up a monthly recurring bill to be charged to the card, and paid it in full every month. At the end of 6 months, I called and asked for a credit limit, but was advised that the account could not be reviewed for a line increase until after a year.

Additionally, I once got gas, which put me over the two hundred dollar limit by like $3.00, and Cap One promptly charged me an over the limit fee, which they refused to reverse.

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Why not get a new card from a better company with a higher limit and no fee??

6. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I would if they would give me one .Ive been denied by citibank and chase.

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter has both a classic and a gold Visa from Capital One. She's had te classic for exactly one year, and she received the gold in March of 2000. Both cards began with a $200 limit.

Just this past week, she received a letter in the mail showing that she'd been given a $300 increase on the gold card. She didn't get one on the classic. She called the number on the back of her card and was able to make a limit increase request on the automated system, without speaking to a customer service representative. She received a $100 increase, which is better than nothing.

If you haven't already, just call the number on the back of your card, and go through the motions. You'll eventually get the option to request a credit line increase. It will tell you whether or not you can receive an automatic increase.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree with you newcomer. That is leading me to conclude that I should can them soon. I had 3 accounts, and I just closed 1 this week. I am thinking of closing another.

newcomer2 wrote:
    I got it And it's an Imbarressment ! Gold card with a 200 limit . . To top it off in limit reporting . Capital one is a useless card if you ask me . no limit reporting kills any limit they give you !
    good luck

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that rolo. What were the reasons for denial..bk etc?

rolo wrote:
    I would if they would give me one .Ive been denied by citibank and chase.

10. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

I have a bk from 1994,since then I recieved the military star card which does report to the bureaus,but can only be used on military bases I have capital one $200.00 limit providian $1000.00 limit.I was approved for the next card but declined it. they wanted to give me a $700.00 limit, I dont want another subprime card.

11. Eboni

Eboni Guest

A $700 from Next Card (most people don't even know they offer subprime) is better and $200 with Capital One.

Everyone knows Capital One is subprime and generally crappy.

You should have took the Nextcard

12. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Roni as I understand This other capital one you still have is your oldest Account . I'd keep it No need to even use it , and consider the annual fee a CRA mantiance fee on your reports.. I have one To Supposingly a gold ! with a interesting 200 limit . The only reason I keep it is that I added my wife on it as a joint account holder . To help her credit. I had charged it over the limit or that's what it reports , and now has a 0 balance so it;s not hurting. I'll just keep it I guess ..