Capital One limit?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 8, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

In January, I got Capital One to reduce my interest rate on my $3K gold card. At the time I was told to call back in March if I wanted to request a limit increase as 6 months would have gone by since I was upgraded to the gold.

Today, I called retention and was denied an increase. I was informed that the billing cycle ends on March 25th and to call back April 1st and they will put in a request for a limit increase. I plan to call back.

It just amuses me that Capital One is so stingy that we are going to work this process twice in roughly 3 weeks to get one increase. I will let you know what happens April 1st

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience

I called Capital 1 last night. I opened an account in January. I was told I would get an increase with my March billing cycle. So I called, they told me that I have to wait until April. So I asked her to check my other card. She told me that I would not get a increase on my Gold card because I combined cards in February. Thus, I have to wait three months from then to request increase. Of course, both stories were the third and fourth renditions I have been told just this year.

I know we are supposed to get to that 2 year mark. But I am so sick of Capital 1 I believe I am going to close both accounts.

Mike G.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: I had a similar experience

Mike, when are you applying for a Citi?

Saar

4. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Capital 1 is so stingy on reviewing for credit line increases, and after a long wait, they only give you $100 additional. We should boycott this financial institution and close our accounts, there are better banks out there!

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have had their secured card for 15 months (Current limit $1100)
    I called a week ago to unsecured my card. Today I received a letter
    telling me that I have to wait 6 months from my last limit increase (January)
    in order for them to return my $99...

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

I talked to Cap1 today. I love to negotiate and even I'm sick of them. Everytime I call for a limit increase they fool around w/the Apr or give me 20 back off my annual fee. Course, I can't ask for anything for a while b/c of those concessions. GIVE ME A BREAK.

I'd like to keep the separate credit lines b/c they're 2 of my oldest. but combining the lines makes more sense. I was keeping 2 so the credit lines would increase quickly.. but so far that's just a theory. My Gold card hasn't budged in 6 months.... I keep getting the "wait another month". Well, they've got until I come back from my vacation in April. Then they'd better move that credit line on my gold or I'm combining those cards. Their computer system sucks.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I asked Capital One to increase my credit line and they refuse to do it. They told me they increase for you when the time is right. You cannot increase the limit in the type of account that I have. The type of the account I have with them is sybprime and back in two years when I had some charge-off accounts. Last years, I received offers Kmart MasterCard from Capital One in the mail and they approved me $3000. Within three years they increase me credit limit to $5500 without asking. There is a couple things to keep in mind :(1) Capital One doesn't like to increase the credit limit (2) their cards usually come with no bonus except a few. (3) Capital One is tough to give you low 9.9% APR. (4) when you call their customer service they try to sell long-distance ,payment protection.