capital one - more than one ca

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bgolden, Jul 14, 2000.

1. bgolden

bgolden Guest

Does capital one issue more than one card?

Has anyone been approved on the secured offer that says 49.00 deposit and up to 400.00 credit line?

I just got approved for an unsecured 200.00 limit, so the other offer sounded better because of the higher credit limit, i didnt know if i should do that because i already have an account with them and i didnt know if they would automatically turn me down.

If you have a capital one account let me know your experience with them. THANKS.

2. Stormie

Stormie Guest

RE: capital one - more than on

Capital one does allow more than one of their credit cards. I myself have two. I'd hold out for a couple months and then apply for one of their other cards. They usually will not open an additional account if you recently opened one. I think you have to wait at least 90 days to reapply.

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter has two of their cards--both unsecured with a whopping $200 credit limit each. One is their green classic card, and the other is their "exclusive" gold card.

4. bgolden

bgolden Guest

Thank you for your comments St

Thank you for your replies stormie and Doris, I also recieved an offer for First Premieres visa and mastercard. I have applied but i dont know their decision yet. I have been repairing our credit and still have a little more to do especially on experian. I know about their fees. But I am not having much luck with getting a good card i'm just going to have to keep paying good on the accounts i have which is a car loan and my Providian account. Well, I just got my capital one account unsecured with a 200.00 credit line. I also found out that I was approved with Global One which is through First National Bank of Brookings. They did not give me a high credit line and their fees are worse than First Premieres. They probally pulled my experian report.:(
    I dont know if i am going to keep that account. Any comments on the First National Bank of Brookings would be helpful. THANKS

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Those are some great "beer" cards. Guess we now know who keeps your fridge stocked with those 18 packs :)

6. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Brookings

I would not open an account with Brookings if I were you. A friend of mine opened an account with them and they were awful. They put a account hold on your account, so if you want to use it you have to make payments in the amount you want to use. The also charge a monthly participation fee, & processing fees. There customer service stinks, they leave you onhold forever and it's your dime not theres as it's not toll freen number. After 3 horrid months with this Bank My friend closed their account. They really gave him a hassle about it. They will refund the account hold, but the processing fees are non-refundable. It also took them several months to "close the account and refund the payments they had made on the account. If you've already paid them use it for a few months then close it. I believe this is very similar to Merrick Banks program and Net 1st. I would not reccommend them unless there is no other way to obtain credit. I would try another bank Like Orchard Bank, or First Consumers National Bank. Hope this helps.

7. Doris K.

Damnit, Steven! You keep giving away my secrets! ;-)

8. Doris K.

RE: Brookings

I concur with Stormie. I have absolutely no personal experience with FNB Brookings, but I've read nothing but negative posts over time.

If you'll look around this site, you'll find some truly positive posts concerning Orchard Bank. You can apply for their Mastercard online at www.orchardbank.com.

9. bgolden

bgolden Guest

regarding fnb of brookings

I applied at orchard and they turned me down. I have not recieved the fnb of brookings card yet, but i will probally cut it up and send it back before my first thirty days are up. They said to do that if you want to decline the offer in their disclosure statement but I have not applied at fcnb. If you could tell me if they have a web site or how i could read more about them i will strongly consider it. THANKS

10. Keith

Keith Guest

RE: regarding fnb of brookings

Sorry I can't agree with you all!

I have the VISA from Brookings. I have received excellent customer service. I too was bothered by the non-toll free customer service number. Then I learned that the automated assistant is toll-free! They post my payments within 2 days so I can charge when I need too. I just call and give them my checking info. Unlike some banks this service is free. The automated assistant is 24 hours and you can check your balance anytime. If you need to spaek with a human it's not toll-free but call at unusual times and you get right through! Sure the app fee is high but this card is not for you if you have exceptable credit. If you don't then this card is for you since there is no credit check. I have verified by ordering and reviewing my credit report that this card reports monthly to all 3 CRA's. For myself, its says on the CRA report..."NEVER BEEN LATE". I exceeded my credit limit once when AOL charged me without my knowledge. I called Brookings and they didn't charge a fee. They suggested I call AOL and ask that the charge be removed before I attempt to dispute. I did this and AOL complied. I have never had any problems with this card. My year will be up in a few months. The rep told me that my account history is perfect and to expect an offer with a limit between $1500-$2500. Since this card started reporting positive entries on my credit report, I have been receiving numerous offers in the mail. One is Direct Merchants. I responded and got a $500 limit. Orchard also approved me after I started getting positive reports. I am convinced that the Brookings card was the key because Orchard previously denied me. To top it all, after Brookings, Direct Merchants, and Orchard all started reporting positive history, I got a car loan! This all started with Brookings.

11. Doris K.

RE: regarding fnb of brookings

That's great! At the rate you're going, you should be able to take scissors to all those cards soon and learn what it's like to enjoy some better terms and limits from the prime lenders. Hang in there and keep up the good work!