Capital One now 10.87% Arf Arf Arf!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Jul 20, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I have to say Cap One is conservative - I have a $3100 limit on this one and have had the card for about 3 years. It started out as a $1000 Silver Mastercard with an interest rate of about 21% and was unsecured.

Now it is Gold (who cares) but the limit is $3100 and the interest is a GREAT 10.87%! That's with a grace period of course. I talked to a Cap One rep a couple of months back when they reduced my rate - she told me I should have Gold. No charge.
    She also loved it when I told her that I had cut Prodivian into a million pieces because of them threatening to jack my costs LOL!

I mentioned I hoped to get a Plat 9.9 fixed and she told me to keep up my record and it would happen.

Anyway you look at it - 10.87% is a PRIME rate if I ever carry a balance.

They are a good company and it appears you can work your way from bad credit to good credit with a range of cards and rates along the way.

C yall dogman

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

wow great job! I hope my cars will eventually fall into that category just a matter of time !

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Wow! that's great. One of these days.......

breeze

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Arf Continuance.....

Sam - actually when I got the AMEX a year back,
    I then called Cap One and thanked them - for helping build to Green card.

I then said now I will dump all high interest cards - they did it and I have been at 13.9% for a year.

I wonder what would happen if you called them and said the same thing - even if you didn't have an AMEX? :)

c ya dogman