Capital One Olympic Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by T, Sep 26, 2000.

1. T

T Guest

Can you answer this question? Can you go the website and click to apply for the Olympic Card? Then, can you read the terms and conditions? What are the terms and conditions if you do not qualify for the Platinum card and get a gold card? Remember, just look at that page for the terms and condition. What do you guys think? Any comments?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

"You are applying for a Capital One Visa Platinum or Gold Benefits Visa account. The lines of credit offered with the Visa Platinum account range from $5,000 to $20,000. If we are unable to issue you a Capital One Visa Platinum card, we will consider you for a Capital One Gold Benefits Visa card with a credit limit below $5,000 but not less than $500. The Capital One Gold Benefits Visa card terms are the same as described above (in Disclosures); however, Platinum benefits are available only to Platinum cardholders".

O.k. that doesn't make sense. On the disclosers it says, "Platinum or Gold Bennifits Visa Card". Then it lists APR, Fees, etc. Then above it states that "Platinum benifits are available only to Platinum cardhonders"?

The difference between the two is Gold has a limit of $500-5k and Platinum is over $5k. Seems like somebody goofed.

3. T

T Guest

Does it sound like the APR for the gold card is the same as the platinum and with no annual fee? What is your interpretation on this?

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

From looking at the disclosures, I am under the impression that the gold and the platinum are the same except for the credit limits. Then there's that statemements that says Platinum benifits are from platinum members only?

5. heather

heather Well-Known Member

The difference in the benefits regarding a gold and platinum card are benefits that are issued through VISA international (such as travel accident insurance, purchase replacement, etc). They do differ between platinum and gold. As for the actual terms of the account, you are correct regarding the main difference being higher credit limits for platinum. Depending on your personal credit, the APR can vary also.

Hope this helps.

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Personally, I love Capital One. I have one of their platinum cards with a high limit, and I receive superior customer service.

Still, they have made an absolute JOKE out of the gold card. They are issuing them with credit limits as low as $200. So much for the once prestige status of gold!

7. heather

heather Well-Known Member

It's not just Capital One. Other companies are following this as well. Once Mastercard and VISA removed the regulation that the gold card have a minimum credit line of $5000, a lot of companies have offered this to their cardholders. The gold card offers many benefits that a classic card does not.