Capital One Olympic Visa

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Consumer, Jul 19, 2000.

1. Consumer

Consumer Guest

I applied for the new capital one platinum olympic visa. The terms for the card are: 0% apr for 6 months, thereafter 9.9%, no annual fee. I have read the disclosure on there site to confirm the terms.
    For some reason, I did not qualify for the platinum card, but was given a gold card. It was done on their instant decision application. I rechecked the disclosure on there web site and confirmed the same terms as the platinum. I called into the customer service to confirm the terms and it has changed!!!
    To my amazement, the terms are 0% for 6 months, 19.9% thereafter. Also, there is a $39 annual fee. How can this be possible? I tried talking to them to wave the annual charge but the wouldn't. I even talked to a supervisor they confirmed the disclosure on the internet, but would not waive the annual fee.
    Does anyone know who I can talk to in the executive offices at capital one to try to change the terms? Or maybe someone else that I can complain to? I felt that I was be defrauded by their disclosure. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

go to their web site - you'll also be thrilled to find out that the CAP ONE GOLD VISA has a credit line from $200 to
    MAX $2000.

If you plan that European vacation, better keep the itinerary to just a few countries-
    those that have a "Y" to stay in

3. JOSE

JOSE Guest

I did the same thing.
    I apply for the Olympic platinum card, and got in the mail a letter saying that i did not qualify , but that i did qualify for
    another card where i had to pay a $39 fee, and i would have a 19.9% APR .
    THank God i went to some other sites,and
    and them here to find more about them.
    They suck!

4. ash

ash Guest

RE: Capital One "sucks&qu

I agree with you that capital one sucks! I have been their customer for several years, made all my payments on time and paid triple the amount on the statement, and they wouldnt even give me a credit increase. Furthermore, I have 2 friends with a cap-card, and my mom, and they are ReaLLy stingy with their credit. I told them today they can take a hike...

5. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

In that case I'm sure you'll appreciate this url http://www.cageyconsumer.com/finserv/capital1.html

Show it to your friends and family and make sure to..

Don't leave home with it hehe

6. Hubert X

Hubert X Guest

Yes, Capital One is stingy wuth credit lines, but their policy may be changing:

(1) My neighborhood junk mail recently contained a loose flier from Capital One promoting their subprime card. It promised "regular reviews for credit line increases," almost an exact quote.

(2) I recently received an unsolicited credit limit increase from $300 to $400 on my subprime Capital One VISA.

7. Stormie

Stormie Guest

while they may not be one of the "prime " banks, they are still a good bank. I have had no problem with them, and always recieved regular credit line increases. Alot depends on the card / account type you have with them.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Capital One

Paying your balance through their on-line service would virtually guarantee none of the "horror" stories repeats itself.

Customer service is always friendly.

Saar