Capital One online increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 16, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Cap1 online increase

When you try for an increase using the automated system online, do you get a hard inquiry?

Thanks to anyone that knows!

And, one more question...I got the card in 12-00 at $200 (my first card since BK13), got an increase of $100 using automated line in late March or early April, complained to Planet Feedback and got $300 more from Mr. Miller. I have perfect payments always paying more than required.

Your thoughts..do I have a chance? Should I do the same..online request followed by Planet Feedback? I don't want an inquiry though..so your thoughts, please. Looking back, I see the previous request online was not a hard inquiry.

May I have your expert advice?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Cap1 online increase

No one knows?

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I wish I had an answer for you. With all the luck everyone is having with CapOne, I don't see why you wouldn't get an increase. Also, you've been making payments on time.

I wish I could get CapOne, but I had a charge-off with them when they were Signet Bank.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The Signet bank stuff went to First Union, I believe. Cap One may not have any record - have you checked with them?

About getting an increase, I think on those toy cards, it is impossible, just about. I have a C1 Visa $2,600 limit, perfect record over a year. They sent me the toy MC, $200 limit, $6 a month fee. I called and finally got them to close it (it's still reporting as open) - retention couldn't even give me an increase on that card! They did, however, give me another increase on the Visa. go figure.

I think your chances are slim and none, except maybe for PF - it does do wonders.

breeze

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, the result

Ok..here's what happened.
    I tried the little phone thingy for an increase and was declined. So, I went to PlanetFeedback and complained. I did so in an annoyed way..not a furious way. LOL Anyway, got the message from Mr. Miller to call and tried yesterday but he was busy. Left message. No return. Called back today. He was busy. Left voicemail. He just called. He explained that (as he didn't explain last time in April) after receiving a requested increase (like I did in April) that I needed to wait 9 months before I'm eligible to request an increase again. Since he didn't let me know that, he granted me an increase of $300 (I had requested $400). I did accept and no credit report pull was necessary.

I'm pleased with this. To be honest, they are my card of choice when I am choosing among my 2 (and now 3 with Target) simply because they have been so responsive. And, they have made me feel as if my prompt payments have meant something.

So, there you have it. Thanks for the support.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Ok, the result

Cool! Now you can buy more ceramic chickens <VBG>

breeze

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Hummm... he told me six months.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

He told me six months too! That wil be Oct. for me! :( :( :(

9. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

They like people to wait a good long time before asking for another increase -- I doubt it's codified, though, so Mr. Miller could easily say "we'd like you to wait 6 months" on one day and then "we'd like you to wait 8 months on another day"... Bottom line: ask every 3 months, LOL, you've got nothing to lose. Mr. Miller sounds like a terrific guy. He's probably the reason a whole lot of us will stay with Capital One even after we go fully prime elsewhere. :)

Randy

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'd love to have their Miles One prime card. After I saw my father's I went and read up on all of the benefits.

Obtaining that card is my new Capital One goal.

11. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Has anyone had experience converting a secured Cap One card to Classic? I was on their web site today and saw all of the pretty designs they have and I want one! Of course I haven't even received my card yet, I just sent the security deposit on Friday! Hubby has a Cap One Gold and it is ugly! I know...silly reason to want a card, but hey...

Larissa

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Bout close to a year they'll pre-approve you for a gold card. Then about 2-3 months later you can call mr miller and combine them.

What they do is close your secured account, credit the deposit to the balance (or cut a check which takes 60 days to get!) and if you have any remaining balance the secured account keeps billing you.

Then they give you an increase on the gold account, equal to the closed secured cards line of credit.

They DO NOT balance transfer the secured card balance over, you can still make (whatever) payment per month on that.

I just did this. And I just received an offer for a classic card and sent it in as well.

13. Larissa

Larissa Well-Known Member

Can you have more than one Cap One card? As I said, hubby has a Gold and this is the only card we have(until mine comes) He has bad credit, and would like to start building some positive tradelines to offset the bad... He has had the Gold for more than 6 months but less than a year (Oct I think) What are the chances of getting a second card if you already have one? Is there a time frame that you need to have the first card? He just got a cl increase via Mr Miller a couple of weeks ago.

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

6 months? No, he specifically said 9 months. Wonder why? Unless, he was meaning now cuz I just got this one..hmm..he said you can get more but only if they offer it.

15. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I spoke with him recently and he indicated 9 months as well. He was very clear about that fact and said it is a matter of policy.

16. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I was told last month to wait 8 months. I sent another request via planetfeedback to be reconsidered for an increase and to have my 2 cards combined. He replied to call him regarding the combination of cards. Since I read he gave a courtesy increase, I hope to receive the same.