Capital One Platinum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Y.M., Jan 27, 2001.

1. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

My friend applied Capital one Platium card last month and was told she didn't qualify for their platinum card (9.99% fixed APR) .They offered her 19.99% APR and she declined.She has good credit and high income.Her true credit scores are 720,794 and 801.

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Old blemishes that might not affect her scores would still diminish her chances of approval for the ultra-high security Capital One Platinum Visa. I have no idea whether such blemishes exist, but that could be the explanation.

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

OR meeting minimum requirements due to income.

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I think this card is a bit dificult to get, what are the requirements for to be approved for this card?

5. Hate capit

Hate capit Guest

As far as what i know about these assholes you have to have a very high income like 70K or more to qualify for their platinum card.What makes these idiots think that having alot of money would mean that these kind of people won't default under their credit card agreement?They think a person that makes less then 50K are risky!That is a bunch of bullshit with a capital"B".They use their credit file,and they can tell how much they are making by their payment record.I got 4 platinum cards,and didn't need 70K to qualify for these cards.Also these banks i got offers me low rate balance transfers all the time.These rates got capital one beat to hell!So capital one go fly a kite with your lousey credit requirements for your dumb ass platinum account!

6. river

river Well-Known Member

I get solicited by these folks,along with Providian and to be honest,I haven't had to deal with them to re-establish my credit. I am content with FCNB, with their visa and mastercard and have Chevron CB card and plan to add several more,but I can say that it WILL NOT be Cap1 or Providian.Also, can't close w/o putting a plug in 4 Amex,even though they do not report to CR's.I came to this board in Sept.2000 and have accomplish deleteing quite a few negatives from CR and have learned a great deal from the regulars here,great suggestions and advice.