Capital One......Reporting limits

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Imhosed, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

Any ideas on how I can get Capitalone to report my limits? Please help.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Make a copy of the statement and "HIGHLIGHT" the credit limit and send to each CRA...

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

So far, no go.

easiest way to do it is not to fight the system.

Max the card, leave it through the close of the cycle (so it'll report) and then pay it down.

the high credit will substitute for the credit limit and you get credit for closer to the limit.

On the upside, as your limit increases you have control over what the world thinks is your limit (based on high credit).

So if you're now at 1.000 but later get 5.000... you can high credit yourself at 2.000 or 3.000 and "hide" the rest of your available credit...

meaning: other creditors will give you higher limits because they don't know about the rest of your Cap1 limit.

See, a silver lining.

4. Imhosed

Imhosed Well-Known Member

Marie,

That is an excellent idea. Off I go to max out the cards. Thanks.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

YOu don't have to time it over the end of the billing cycle. Just wait for it to show up on your card and then put it back. Worked for me. Yahoo paydirect if all you need is $1,000 or less.

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Yes, Yahoo Paydirect is an excellent option, also Paypal. Just charge the card close to your limit and then return it back in 5 days. They will report your high balance.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT IS A LOT OF HASSLE...but you can "buy" FULLY REFUNDABLE first class tickets to HAWAII or LONDON for your family in DECEMBER..."change your mind" after it posts to your account...a credit will go on your account.

It is a lot easier if you can use the card for EVERYTHING that month...then pay it off...

8. eman

eman Well-Known Member

Re: Capital One......Reporting limi

I think Capital One doesn't report limits on anyone that has a negative mark on their credit file. They are out to screw your balance to limit ratio just to make it harder for you to get more credit.

I called them to see why my limit was so crappy compared to my other cards (Cap 1 only raised my limit a $100 compared to Getsmart who raised it by $1200 all in the same time frame). They told me that they are a real conservative company and that they only report the HC not the limit.