Capital One Retention

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, May 17, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Success!! I called to today after I had paid off Cap One my acct stood like this

Start date 09/00
    Balance $0
    Limit $300

Called retention and let them know why I wanted to cancel after the lady had asked. Said I was getting better offers and I had good credit now, when I got the card I didn't. She offered to move the limit to $1000 and encouraged me to keep the card at least until my year so I get my Annual fee's worth. I agreed and asked about other cards in there lineup w/out annual fee. She told me about the miles one plat card w/only a $19 annual fee. I think I'll go for that one, cause it's rated very good in Consumer Reports.

New limit $1000, no credit check.

My2kGT

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Psst, before your one year date, call back and request that your annual fee be waived and maybe an APR reduction too. If Retention won't do it, write to the Consumer Advocate through <www,planetfeedback.com>.
    My cards are from 7/00 and 10/00 with no annual fees now. Congrats on the limit increase. That is actually pretty good coming from CapOne.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

YOU would have gotten your annual fee partially refunded as it is prorated.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

5. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for the info guys. But I also want to keep it open for a year then convert to another card. It looks better to have trades open for at least a year. I checked out the Miles One card, for someone who wants airline miles its one of the best out there.

My2kgt