Capital One rip off

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jane, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Jane

Jane Guest

Hi,
    My credit has been good for the last couple of years, my bad credit has dropped off my reports. So, I thought I would apply for a prime Capital One card. I already have the classic Capital One card and a Providian Visa and Mastercard.
    The internet application said 0% apr then 9.9% after that, no annual fee. So I applied. It said I was approved BUT it said it could only offer me a 19.99% apr (my current is 23.99%) and that I would be charged a monthly fee of $6 a month and it did not tell me what my credit limit would be! So I cancelled/refused the card.
    I think on my Capital One classic card I pay $59 in annual fees. The $6 a month fee is $72 a year which is no bargain, especially when I don't know what my credit limit will be until I agree to accept the card.
    What a rip off!!!!!!!
    I like my Capital One account because there is no grace period but I don't like my low limit. I like my Providian limits but they don't have a grace period on their subprime cards. I pay off my debt in full every month.
    Are there other subprime cards that offer a grace period?

Jane

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Why not try Citibank or Chase? I don't know too much about these cards, but a lot of people on this board do. I don't qualify for these... yet =0)
    Try the search feature at the top of this site to find out more about these cards.

Good luck!

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

You might want to try for CitiBank AAdvantage. Many people around here have gotten that card after being trapped in super-sub slime hell for awhile.

4. racinut88

racinut88 Well-Known Member

I have two CAP1 cards and one is 59.00 per year which they have since cut it in half. This one you can also only get increases every six months. The other is the 6.00 per month and when I called to complain to get it changed she told me that if I change it then it is only up for reveiw every 6 months, if I keep the monthly 6.00 I can call and they will reveiw it every month for an increase. I left it for the simple fact I have a good relation going and have gotten 750.00 increase on the 59.00 one in approx.2 months time. dropped the interest to 15.9%. 72.00 is little to pay to be able to get an increase every month when you are rebuilding.

5. Jane

Jane Guest

Thanks everybody for the helpful input. I will check into the Citibank card and consider what was said about having a prime Cap. 1 account that is reviewed monthly. Thanks!