capital one secured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dale, Apr 11, 2000.

1. dale

dale Guest

I just sent my app to Capital One for a secured card after reading the "which secured card is best" thread. If they approve me, is this a reputable company to send my $99 dollars to? I don't want to get involved in one of those "send your money and never get anything" scam companies. Just reassure me please.

Thanks

2. BOB

BOB Guest

Cap-One is a good company, I have never had any trouble with them at all, there
    customer service people have always been friendly and willing to help. As you probably know there will be times when you get a cs rep in a bad mood, but all-in-all
    cap-one is a good co. Just stay away from CCB
    they are the crooks of the credit world.
    I have 2 cap-one cards a visa and a mc, and
    have never had any problems with them

3. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

I have a secured cap one card also.The only thing to worry is that they wont' unsecure your card for a long time. I have had mine for like 18 months and I"m still waiting for it to be unsecure.My husband has even advised me to dump the card because we already have a couple unsecure cards.But I'm still holding on to them for now.

Cynthia

4. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

This is a good reliable company. They aren't going to take your money and run. They are also a very conservative company. They are cautious with credit line increases and cautious about changing your status from secured to unsecured. Don't let this discourage you. Payments will be posted in a timely fashion.If you maintain your account in a responsible manner, no late payments and no overlimits, you will not see any penalty fees. Major benefit of this card is that it is not reported to the bureaus as secured. If I needed a secured card, this would be one of my first choices.

5. Len

Len Guest

As much as I gripe about Capital One's conservatism, I've not had a problem with them in five years. I completely agree with Curiouser.

6. dale

dale Guest

Thank you all!