Capital One Success!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 23, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Geez, im ready to do some back flips!

Just found out from capital one that my mastercard (secured) was increased from $500 to $700, my annual fee was refunded, and my apr was dropped to 17.00%!

Also found out that my visa (secured) was increased from $300 to $500, my annual fee was refunded, and my apr was dropped to 17.00%.

This is GREAT!

I've only had my accounts opened for 2 months. I was told that i would need to have it opened for atleast 6 mths before anything would budge on it. Im going to combine balances when my 6 month comes!!!

I also delt with a sweet guy in the executive offices too!

PSUGIRL

2. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

great!congrants..

3. mimi

mimi Guest

Congratulations. Success all around for you. Can you rub off just a little of that success to me? I'm going to see the mortgage guy today.

4. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congrats and Q?

WTG PSUGirl. You are on fire!

I want to combine my capital one accounts as well. Is 6 months the time frame needed b4 they will combine accoounts?

Kelly

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Thank you!

Kelly,

I would recommend you calling capital one and asking the customer service. There might be a difference in the type of account that you have. Both my mastercard and visa are secured....the time limit is 6 months for combining limits.

How that helps!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Thank you!

My secured was 14 months old, my gold unsecured was 4 months old.

They raised my Gold limit by $1000, closed the secured card, Lowered the gold APR to 15.9%. They didn't really combine the cards, but in agreement to closing the secured card and getting my $103 back, i got a $1000 increase on the gold card.

Right now i'm showing my cap 1 gold has $1600 limit, and my secured has an $800 limit, both open according to their phone site. hmmm..

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

woo hoo - got rate reduced

I called to combine cards - got rate reduced to 13.9 instead and increased cl $500 -

Thanks for the inspiration

Kelly

8. David

David Well-Known Member

Re: woo hoo - got rate reduced

I'm really happy for you.

As an aside, I had two Cap Ones in 1996, paid off or nearly off every month (VISA & MC), and kept them for 18-24 months.

I asked for an increase from $200 to $400 for one of them once, and you'd thought I'd asked them to go out and kill someone.

Go figure.

David

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: woo hoo - got rate reduced

You automatically get $50 increase for each month of good duty with capitalone. Even the worst tier customers (secured) get that. Every 6 months you can and will get at least $300 increases if you ASK.

Of course if you go over limit, late, nsf, whatever, don't expect to get squat!

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Call Retention

I never heard of Retention until I got on the board here. Cap One has a Retention dept.

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Call Retention

Better than retention call their executive offices. They can break any and all rules the retention folks (monkeys relaying computer screen info) must abide by!

12. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: Call Retention

Mr. Gaither Miller, Consumer Advocate for Capital One is a great guy. I complained, not once or twice, but three times via Planet Feedback and went from a $600.00 credit line to $2600.00 in a matter of weeks. Capital One is improving but that comes directly from the Executive Office. Customer Service still needs improving. Good luck to all. Best of all, thanks PlanetFeedback.com.

13. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Con. Advoc. is Personal

I believe we have had this conversation in previous posts. I had given the general phone number to the Consumer Advocate number; however chose to keep the name of the gentleman I spoke with private. I agree with the previous train of thought that we should not give out the personal information like the names of people we spoke to on the board.

If people would like to take advantage of the Consumer Advocate office, it has been shown that an intelligent complaint via planetfeedback will bring results. I should also say that we should also take the time to send in a compiment with the person of the Consumer Advocate office resolves your issue. I know I sent in a compliment with the name of the gentleman who helped me in that office.

Just my opinion. Not saying to stop using planetfeedback or the consumer advocate office, but suggesting some information should be kept personal.

Mike G.