Capital One....Success?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by daw, Apr 23, 2001.

1. daw

daw Guest

Just got off the phone with Mr. Miller the consumer advocate who was responding to my Planetfeedback Letter. To make it short, I got the limit raised on my Kmart Cap card by $800.00 and an intrest rate reduction to 12.9%, down from 15.9%. Also got a $300.00 increase on my original account bringing it to a whopping $700.00 limit.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Congratulations

Great job!

Kelly

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Congratulations

Terrific Daw

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i too called capital one today about my secured gold mastercard cl $1300, it is 13 months old. retention had refused to unsecure the card for another 6 months. spoke to the executive office today and they unsecured it no problem. executive office and consumer advocate gives you what you want plain and simple.... hope they don't catch on to our tricks :>) but i'm happy i got it unsecured finally!!!

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you!! You had better luck than I did. I have two accounts 2.5 & 1.5 years old. Always in good standing. They would not even combine my accounts. Granted I did not go further than normal customer service channels, but I was surprised nonetheless. I closed one of the accounts and will close the other in 6 months. I don't need the aggravation. I am happy for you and others who have managed to get something out of CapOne.