Capital one! Why?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Paul, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Paul

Paul Guest

When i applied for a card from capital one i had little hope of getting one since i had a chapter 7 in 98 and other bad things on my report.To my surprise they sent me not one but two cards each with a credit limit of 1,000 which i am currently using.So just recently i applied for a aspire card they said no way my credit was to bad i applied online so their answer didn't take long.Even though they advertise that they give people with bad credit a second chance GO FIGURE!

2. funny

funny Guest

I got approved for Aspire and denied by Captial one!!

3. CardReport

CardReport Guest

"Bad credit" could describe a fairly wide range, and various sub-prime issuers may have somewhat different approval standards.

Also, your numerical FICO score, and other risk scores (e.g. bankruptcy-prediction, profitability, etc.) can change frequently, so a borderline situation might move either way between applications.

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was just turned down by aspire online appllication. Capital one just sent me a new Visa with a $2,000 limit when I applied online.

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

creditors may pull reports from any of the three CRAs and your score may vary form one to another because credit information may differ on each report.

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Great Stories

Thanks to each of you for the great stories. I find so much variation between CRA's that I suspect different reports led to the different results.