Capital One - wow

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cadman, May 15, 2001.

1. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

I just received a Cap1 upgrade to Platinum, but the kicker is, I didn't ask or apply. I started with a $500 limit about 4 years ago. I got a $400 credit limit increase about 1-1/2 years ago - nothing since. So my limit has been at $900. The letter that I received doesn't need to be signed or anything. It states that my account has been automatically upgraded to a Platinum with a $5,000 limit. This is a shock since those that know me will remember that my Ch 7 isn't due to come off of my CR until 05/2002. Anyway, I am pumped! woohoo! ;-)

Cadman

2. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Notice your ch 7 just hit 6 years old.
    This tends to give some credit to the view that once the negative stuff hits 5 years old it really has a lot less or little impact on fico if most else is ok in the file.
    Congrats..

VJ

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Great to know about sticking with Cap 1, that Platinum status is acheivable. Started with Cap 1 around 12 of 97 with a classic card with 1k limit. Upgraded to silver with 2k, then to Diamond MasterCard with 2,200. Since then get 300 increase on their automatic phone increase every 6 months. Now at 2800. I believe their Platinum is one of the toughest to come by. Currently have 12 Platinum Cards.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I started out Capital One Mastercard with the credit line of $1000 in 12/97 and they increased into $2300. They haven't offered me any upgrade and they lowered my interest rate to 15.90%. They sent me an upgrade notice to Gold Card and they were going to charge me a $99 processing fee. I refused to do it. Last year I got pre-select Kmart Mastercard offer from Capital one and I got initially approved me with $3000 for Kmart purchases and $2500 for non-Kmart purchases. After three months, they automatically increased my Kmart credit limit to $5500 for Kmart purchases and $5000 for non-kmart purchases. The APR for the Kmart Mastercard is 11.9% fixed.

Ron.

5. CardKid

CardKid Well-Known Member

Congratlulations Cardman

...not to be confused with CardKid

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS. I HOPE THINGS TURN OUT LIKE THAT FOR ME WITH CAPITAL ONE. I HAVE DECIDED TO STAY WITH THEM AND BUMP PROVIDIAN. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN. IS THE CARD PRETTY??LOL

7. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

Don't have it yet. Just got the letter informing me yesterday.

Cadman

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I am happy for you, but I am bummed. I have had two CapitalOne accounts one for 2.5 years and one for 1.5. They wouldn't even combine my accounts when I asked so I closed the most recent one. My oldest account has only received one increase and I had to ask for that one! My FICO score was 743, but is now 725 due to my inquires and a few new accounts. I only have one 30 day late from 4 years ago. Other than that, I have no negatives. I am happy with my new cards, but I just don't understand CapOne. I sent a letter thru Planetfeedback 10 days ago and have not received a response. Weird!!

9. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

I closed both CrapOne plat. accounts because they refuse to report the limits to the bureaus. It always looks like your maxed out. The policy they have is very unfair to the consumer.

Sean

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SENT COPIES OF THE BILLS TO THE CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES WITH THE CREDIT LIMIT HIGHLIGHTED AND IT HAS WORKED.

THEY ARE REQUIRED TO STATE COMPLETE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION...

NO CREDIT LIMIT IS NOT COMPLETE OR ACCURATE!!!

IF IT DOESN'T WORK ONCE TRY IT AGAIN...TRY TEN TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO!!!

11. David

David Well-Known Member

A 700+ FICO w/Cap One? Tell 'em to shove their card...you can do better.

And should.

David