Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BrainDonor, Aug 24, 2003.

1. jpriafl

jpriafl Active Member

Wow!! I read your story, and cannot fathom how CapitalOne could think they could get away with charging you $508 of fees on a $100 credit line - how long were they doing that? If that all occurred in just one month or even two months, that has got to be some serious fraudulent invoicing!! What did they do, assess a new overlimit few every week???

I've had late fees too, but they've reversed the first one (even though it was my fault, I really was a day late) and most of the others too... another one (where it was my fault too) for going over limit was reversed, when I asked to be restricted from even making a charge that would send me over...

But now it's my oldest line so I don't want to drop them - and I just combined three gold cards together to a sinlge 5K line, so now I can upgrade to an 8.9% - if they hadn't done that I probably would have dropped them since it's my lowest CL and I think it's holding down the CL on any new apps, even with other banks.

But thanks for the warning, I need to run it up to the limit once to establish the high limit, so I'll be very very careful to not go over...

2. georgiaboy

georgiaboy Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

My mistake Eric, I just didnt make myself clear enough I guess. You mentioned about getting sued, and I was just wanting to point out the fact that there are other such sites out on the web that basically trash big biz lol, as far as I know, none have been sued , (yet).

3. Eric2OO2

Eric2OO2 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

No Prob.... I surely hope no one gets sued, even if a civil judgement wasn't won against the owner of any such site, the legal expenses alone would be overwhelming for most people.

There used to be a www.walmartsucks.com site, does anyone know what happened with it ? (not implying anything at all, I am really curious)

4. BrainDonor

BrainDonor Member

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

6. alent1234

alent1234 Well-Known Member

Like others I don't have any hard feelings against Cap 1 other than that not reporting the credit limit thing sucks. But that is the price you pay if you got yourself into credit trouble.

7. mcdavis4

mcdavis4 Well-Known Member

I, like others, have not had any problems w/Cap One. But, I will be reading your site to see what others have to say about them.

Michelle

8. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

Why wait? You can read letters from dissatisfied Cap 1 consumers here and here.

9. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

I love the Rip Off Report. I started a very long (and still growing) page there after I got ripped off by a company called Melaleuca.

Oh, sorry...off topic. Back to Capital One. I have to say I really like them, and that they have been good to me. I have 3 cards that have all built my credit scores back up. I'm sure they have pissed off many people tho, and I wish the OP of this thread luck with his/her situation.

This whole thing reminds me of a question i had about Providian....now THEY pissed me off. guess I'll start a new thread.

10. mcdavis4

mcdavis4 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Capital One (www.cap1sucks.com)

Thanks for the links, but I read that site too. Also PFB among many others.

Michelle

11. outofdebt

outofdebt Well-Known Member

Cap One Not All Bad

Hi...sorry to hear about your experience with Capital One. I have actually had a good experience with them. They helped me rebuild my credit after a chapter 7 BK nine years ago by issuing me two secured cards (one Visa and one MC). They were low limits (only $300) but after one year they made both of them unsecured and raised the limit to $1,000 on each card.

I now have a platinum MC with Cap One with an $8,000 limit and a fixed APR of 9.9%. I know the APR is a little high, but it used to be 19.8%, then 14.9%....they lowered it to 9.9% after I used PFB.

I guess everyone's mileage varies, but I hope it all works out for the best in your situation!

12. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Cap One Not All Bad

I have had a pleasant experience with Cap 1 so far. they gave me a secured card when no one else would touch me. My scores jumped into the mid 700's a short time after that.

Just recently, Mr. cooke unsecured my card and credited my deposit back to me. He waived my annual fee and lowered my interest rate to 14.9% even though I carry a zero balance so the interest rate doesn't matter.

13. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Re: Cap One Not All Bad

They refused to lower mine (15.14%...7 years + perfect history). It'll sit in the bottom of the freezer with a zero balance where it belongs.

14. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Re: Cap One Not All Bad

hear hear......Mr. Cooke lowered me to 9.9 but they won't raise me off $400....even after using it and paying it off every mo. Forget it. I won't use it anymore.

15. BrainDonor

BrainDonor Member

Capital 1 Sucks (www.cap1sucks.com)

I'd like to meet this "Mr. Cooke". I've read on another site that he doesn't exist. hehehe...wouldn't be at all surprised.

16. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Capital 1 Sucks (www.cap1sucks.com)

What site might that be?

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Capital 1 Sucks (www.cap1sucks.com)

I HAVE TALKED TO HIM 5 OR 6 TIMES!!!

IN ADDITION TO ABOUT 5 OR MORE E-MAILS...