Capital One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I applied for the CapOne Plat card and was told, "Sorry, but look, we have another card for you". 0% APR until August 2001 (I'm like HUH? That's next month for all intensive purposes). Annual fee is like $48. What kind of card is this and what kind of limit would I have?

By the way, one of their reasons was because I didn't ask for a balance transfer...how WILD is that? I didn't know I HAD to right away.

And funny, I didn't see a new inquiry from them on my Equifax report (even though they listed Equifax as the report they used)....but I DID see one on my Experian...hmmmm.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel!

Sorry to hear about the Platinum (temporary) denial. I plan to ask for an upgrade to Platinum in a few months and I will remmeber the balance transfer matter you brought up when I negotiate.

Hope you are doing well.

Best regards - Jim

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim but it's no big deal. I'll deal with it. I wanted to call them and find out what the CL would be, but I don't think I'm going to bother at all.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I agree Shantel,

You are on the road to prime credit so why bother to telephone and ask about the credit limit.

Marie got a Platinum card after receiving a number of lessor cards and combining them.

Best wishes - Jim