Capital one's weird offer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Simon, Dec 18, 2000.

1. Simon

Simon Guest

Hi all,
    I just got an offer from capital one for their Gold card with 0% APR until June 2001 with $72 annual fee. I think Capital one needs to do some homework on me because I have a perfect credit history with a FICO score of 750 as of last month. All my cards carry no annual fees and I just got approved for MBNA's new Quantum card. If Capital one offers me their Gold card with no fee, I might think about it. But with $72 fee?? Forget about it!!! :) I am just curious, do you guys get the similiar offer?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

My hubby did, but there was no fee and his credit isn't nearly as high as yours, go figure, of course you must realize that cap 1 gold can be as low as 200.00 LOL, we trashed it of course

3. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

My best friend has a Cap One regular card and he pays it off monthly. 1K credit limit and I think he charges about that each month. He received an offer to upgrade to the gold with a $100 credit line increase.

Haha!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAYBE THEY ARE SENDING UP "TRIAL BALOONS" TO SEE IF YOU WILL BITE THE $72.00???

I personally don't accept annual fees.

You could call CAPITALONE and tell them if they want your business, they can have it for $0.00/YEAR ANNUAL FEE!!!

5. netKat

netKat Guest

I work for a large credit card issuer, and many times marketing will send out all kinds of (strange) offers to see what the market will bear. If you really want that card, and you call Cap One, they may waive the fee for you.

BTW: Enjoy the Quantum card. The benefits are extraordinary for a no annual fee card. :)

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

netKat, it is good to see you posting on this board. I have read many of your Epinions and they are great! Very informative. Thanks for the great information and welcome to this board. :)

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Cap 1 offers change by the

The Cap 1 gold card i was offered in the mail was $49 yearly membership (in writing!), when i talk to CSR they offered me the same card for $79.

They have some nerve!

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Captital One is strange. The Gold card I received (1 year ago), has a $35 annual fee and a 15.9 apr. Go figure!

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Might I add

he also got one from first bank of some crap, I sent them both back sand in their postage paid envelopes LOL:)

10. netKat

netKat Guest

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome, miles!

Cap One is really testing the waters on the non-subprime market. They are definitely moving up the ladder in terms of their outstandings, and are looking to be more of a player in the better demographics.

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

11. TY

TY Guest

I GOT THE SAME OFFER TODAY SO DID MY FRIEND BUT ANNUAL FEE FOR HER WILL BE 39.99 FOR FIRST YEAR THEN NO ANNUAL FEE IF NO LATE OR OVER LIMIT.IF YOU HAVE GOOD CREDIT ,WHY YOU WANT LOW LIMIT WITH ANNUAL FEE CAPITAL ONE GOLD CARD?

12. Simon

Simon Guest

That's why I don't even bother applying and stuff. I just think it's funny that Captial One thought I would fall for it. They didn't mention the credit line but I found out through ya guys. $2000 limit? Too low indeed. As I said, if they give me the card for free and also with very high credit limit and perks, then I will think about it.

13. TY

TY Guest

It said up to 3000,min 300.

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Might I add

lol