Capitalone Gold pre-approved o

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 12, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

So i was complaining about an e-tailer today, they charged me a week ago, and decided not to ship anything. Capitalone Merchant resolution is stepping in on my behalf. A definite good point.

So i get the usually "Mr XXXX, I have an offer for you". I figure it was some insurance or crap they try to sell.

They lady said "Because you have been such a good customer , we would like to extend a capitalone gold card (WITH UP $1000 limit, great, $200 limit here i come).

I guess im obsessed so i said yes (bad me!), The lady gave me some number, long number, and transferred me to a automated machine which took the number, my social, some other numerical info.

It never said if i was approved or not. Did I just waste another inquiry??

Anyone ever use this "Reservation code #" stuff on their phone system?

I'm just curious if its a blanket "application" we'll check your credit and get back to you with a decline letter.

Or if when they mean "reservation" They really intend to give a card.

nuff ranting. Anyone who has done this before, please give comment.
    thanks

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Capitalone Gold pre-approv

Sam, I believe they will send you the card.
    There was obviously a notation somewhere on your account showing you as a good customer.

They will not make that statement to many callers - I think the card will come.
    Don't be surprised if its $200 - then decided to keep it or not.

But I am 99% sure you'll get it.
    CYA Dogman

3. Barb

Barb Guest

My husband received this offer except his said up to $2000, at least $1,000. He applied with the reservation code online, it said he was approved right away and he would get his card in 7-10days. He has a secured card with them now, $300.00 limit, for about 8 months. Hope that helps.

4. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

I got the gold upgrade offer. $39 for the upgrade, plus $39 annual. Called to complain, they offered to split the difference on the upgrade, only $19. Told them to go jump.

-Alwilda Smith

Barb wrote:
    -------------------------------
    My husband received this offer except his said up to $2000, at least $1,000. He applied with the reservation code online, it said he was approved right away and he would get his card in 7-10days. He has a secured card with them now, $300.00 limit, for about 8 months. Hope that helps.