capitalone

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tina, Apr 22, 2001.

1. tina

tina Member

I know that capitalone offer the Kmart card. Do they offer any other department store card? If so, what r they. Do anyone have the Kmart card? If so, is it a good card to have?

2. am

am Guest

I have a KMart card--low CL and slow to give increases-- but I do have a fixed 15.9, which seems to be pretty good for Cap 1.
    I believe I saw that they sponsor several other specialty cards including BMG....
    BTW, the KMart card is not a department store card, it is a 'normal' credit card but you can spend 'more' at KMart.
    am

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IS IT TRUE???

You have a credit line of $1,000 but you can only spend like $400 at "other" places???

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Some "cobranded" cards are that way. Like a dept. card with the advantage of using some credit for purchases elsewhere.

MikeB

5. am

am Guest

Yeah, George (here comes the embarassing part) My CL is 300.00 total at KMart but for non-KMart purchases it is 200.00
    I know, I know....but the card isn't costing me anything, positive trade line over 6 mos old with a 0.00 balance.....
    Oh, you cannot combine Cap 1 specialty cards--that was my plan but they recently informed me that it was 'not possible, unfortunately'

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Tina,
    I received pre-select offers Kmart Card from Capital One last year and they initally approved me $3000. They increased my Kmart card to $5500 after three months without asking and the fixed rate APR is 11.9%.

Ron.