Capitol One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Jul 8, 2000.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I have had my Capitol One M/C for 8 months. The APR went from 19% to this month, of 24%. I have maintained a zero balance on my card for the past month and I was really getting tired of their for ever changing APR. I called them last night and told them, that I wanted to cancel my card. The customer rep., told me that she could lower the APR to 13.9% APR, uprade to gold status, if I choose to keep the card, or a credit limit increase of $100. I took the lower APR and the upgrade. However, i never use this card anyway, so I will get what I want at their expense. I just wanted to let everyone know, that if you threaten to cancel their services, they will accomadate your needs. Even if they say that they cant, they will give in.

Reshod

It's time to fight Back

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. This is exactly what we have been talking about for the last 4 years. Deal from strength and they will give in.

Profit from the experience.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

I did you both one better - I received the pre-approved Gold card application in the mail yesterday and immediately ripped it up an put it through the shredder.

I've got two platinum cards ($10k and $9k credit lines) and a titanium ($5k) - all with zero annual fee and single digit fixed rates - and I laugh when I get offers for a sleezy gold card from Capital One with "up to $2500 limit" and a $6 per month "membership fee" offer ... ahahahahahahahaha ...