Capitol One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BL, Mar 25, 2000.

1. BL

BL Guest

Has anyone had anything bad happen from this company? I currently have a card through them and I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions either way.

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have had no problems with Capital One. They even gave me as much as $21,000 to consolidate other cards a couple of years ago.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. Manda T

Manda T Guest

I have had this card for awhile. I have never had a problem! They also have great customer service.

BL wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Has anyone had anything bad happen from this company? I currently have a card through them and I was just wondering if anyone has any opinions either way.

4. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

I have a secured card from them. As many people will tel you that its difficult for them to unsecure your card. They have good customer service but they will hold on to your money forever. So depending if your card is secure or unsecure some times the pro's and con's out weigh themselves.

Cynthia

5. Rebel T.

Rebel T. Guest

I have never had a problem with them. very high interest rate, but that's to be expected.

6. R. Barber

R. Barber Guest

I had a credit card from Capitol One and it was a nightmare. They lost track of a $2500 payoff payment and it took 2 years and a lawyer to get them to pay attention. Now they have the account straight, but I am stuck with $600 worth of attorney fees. I guess I will have to sue them for that. Does anyone know the address to the office of the president at Capitol One?

7. R. Barber

R. Barber Guest

I had a credit card from Capitol One and it was a nightmare. They lost track of a $2500 payoff payment and it took 2 years and a lawyer to get them to pay attention. Now they have the account straight, but I am stuck with $600 worth of attorney fees. I guess I will have to sue them for that. Does anyone know the address to the office of the president at Capitol One?

8. Michael Be

Michael Be Guest

I have had a Cap One card for about 2 years now, aside from the fact that they like to do add ons, like Value One, and Credit Guard, etc... I have had no problems, they have even removed over the limit fees caused by them and also removed late payment fees. Their customer service is excellent, I just wish I could get them to consolidate my Cross Country card, but that is a post of a different color :)

9. mba

mba Well-Known Member

The name of the bank is Capital One. Get your lawyer to go after them for you.

10. mba

mba Well-Known Member

See below:

Capital One Financial Corporation
    Headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia, Capital One is a holding company whose principal subsidiaries, Capital One Bank and Capital One, F.S.B., offer consumer lending products.
    Http://www.capitalone.com