Capittol One ethical? No!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carolyn Ja, Apr 3, 2000.

1. GS

GS Guest

RE: Dumb Lawyering And Lawsuit

PA, I have read some of your postings in the past, and thought you to be intelligent and open minded. But after reading all your remarks on this topic I must say that I was
    wrong to think of you so highly. Your dumber than a box of rocks if you think Capitol-One
    wouldn't stoop to unethical practices. All
    businesses make errors, it's a fact of life.
    But the good businesses own up to their
    errors and fix them. Capitol-One is a good
    bank. But from what I see here Capitol-One
    made a mistake and since this was on a closed
    account I believe some supervisor thought
    we can make alittle money here, and decided
    to play dirty ball. I also believe that if
    this error was on an open account that
    it would have been taken care of asap. If
    you think Capitol-One wouldn't stoop this low
    then you are blinded by the fact that you work there. Wake up banks do this all the
    time hoping the ex customer pays and goes on about life. And most of them do, to most it's not worth the trouble to fight over
    a few dollars. But then when someone stands up says I not going to put up with this, the
    employees like you say my co. would never do this HA! They do it everyday, you just don't see it. So please be alittle more open next time. Even you make errors from time to time,
    if someone catches it you fix it, if they
    don't you let it go.

2. ac

ac Guest

RE: Frivilous Nuisance Lawsuit

Capital 1, in your opinion, may be the best thing next to God but having experienced personally their intentional acts, I don't think this is a frivalous case. As a matter of fact, I wish I had known what to do with a similar situation.

About a year ago, my husband and I closed our Capital 1 account. We sent in a check for the total amount due in one of their silly envelopes along with a letter and our cards telling them we were closing the account and why (they refused to increase the credit limit) a few days after we received the bill.

It took three or four letters and a personal phone call to get our situation resolved. And what really settled the matter was for me to tell them, we would forget the whole matter if they issued a credit on all charges and remove any negative information from our credit history. I also demanded a letter from them agreeing to all this.

They also got the $200 we had used to open the account with in the first place. So Capital 1 made like the bandit they are and we no longer deal with them.

3. ac

ac Guest

RE: Capital One Is First Rate

I hope my response to whats' his name (PA?) will give you a source of encouragement. I'm stubborn; and at the time I won, but later I realized that Cap1 actually came out ahead. But I really don't care because they were more trouble than they were worth.

Good luck in your pursuit.

4. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: Frivilous Nuisance Lawsuit

From Mark Aronson in Pittsburgh, PA
    April 4, 2000 around 9:15 P.M.

I am one of the Plaintiffs in the pending lawsuit you discussed in your
    posting. I will be glad to update you on the status of our case if you would
    like me to. Please let me know.

mba9999@aol.com

5. mba

mba Well-Known Member

RE: Capital One Is First Rate

Thank you very much.

mba9999@aol.com 9:20 P.M. April 4, 2000