CapOne and unauthorized charge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Jul 8, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I apparently ordered a free subscription to a magazine a year ago. I noticed my CapOne card was OTL today. The magazine charged my card for a renewal subscription that I never agreed to. They "supposedly" sent me a notice, but I never got it. Anyway, I called and cancelled the magazine, and they claim the charge would be reimbursed to my CapOne account within 1 or 2 billing cycles (WTF, I want it back tomorrow!).

My question is will CapOne understand the error and wipe away the OTL charge and wipe the event from my account history, or will I now have to wait another damn 6 months for an increase because of these magazine idiots?
    (My account was near the limit so that the high limit would be reported to the CRAs.)

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD CALL THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY, NOW AND TELL THEM THAT THE CHARGE IS NOT AUTHORIZED, SO YOU CAN'T BE OVER-LIMIT SO REMOVE BOTH CHARGES TODAY!!!

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Ya thanks George, and I am going to call them first thing in the morning. If they give me the run around, I will post again.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

24 HOUR PHONE SERVICE NO LONGER PROVIDED????

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

There are some class action lawsuits about these kinds of charges. I doubt anyone will give you a hard time.

breeze

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

my card also got 18 for a subscription that I cancelled a year ago and haven't received magazines.

When I called the magazine company they had SUCH attitude. I told them I'd cancelled the magazines within the first trial period and the lady snidely said "well, there's no record of you cancelling". Great.

I'm never going to accept another affiliate program b/s with any of my cc'ds again. Stupid revenue generation.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Heh Marie, I know what you mean. I get offers all the time. I never answer any calls that are "unavailable" on caller ID.

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Update:

I called CapOne and they took the OTL off with no problem. It took less than a minute to do. He told me to call and explain the situation if I am denied a credit line increase in a few months and they will override it. We shall see. Ltr