CapOne APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, Apr 22, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have had a CapOne C@rd since 7/00 with 19.8% APR. I notice terms for this card now are 9.9% fixed APR. Should I call retention to see if I can get that rate now or at the 1 year mark? I just got $300.00 CL increases a month ago, so I don't expect much from them.

Thanks,
    MikeB

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

9.9% is for the platinum product. Good luck. 15.9% is easy to get with their executive offices folks.

Make sure you ask for a line increase, apr reduction, and yearly fee reduction all at once :) You'd be suprised how many times i've gotten a yes to all of the above.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Their retention can give you 13.9% (first offer) or 12.9% (second offer). That was my case.

As for the Classic 9.9% (w/ no annual fee): If you apply for the Platinum and are declined, they'd conider you for that product, but I doubt they'll convert any existing product to this one.

Good luck!

Saar

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Um, No.
    At http://apply2.capitalone.com/2841/1-41/homepage.jsp?s=02841001041XXCO21XXXINTERNETL2, you will see that the CapOne C@rd is 0 APR intro, then 9.9 fixed, not just the platinum card. It shows the exact card that I have.

And as for the classic, look at http://apply2.capitalone.com/2819/3-8/disclosures.jsp?s=02819003008XXCO21XXXCLASSICXR2
    It says classic has a $29.00 annual fee and 19.8% APR.

Thus, this is why I asked about the 9.9 for the C@rd.

Thanks,

MikeB

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Sorry, I forgot this. The 9.9% is for the platinum and the classic C@rd, which is what I have. The classic C@rd is different from the CapOne Visa Classic which has the annual fee and 19.8% APR.
    I think CapOne changes the terms often.

MikeB

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mike B,
    I had two different Mastercard currently with Capital one. One is unsecured Mastercard and they offer me by mail. It initially offer me up to $1000 and 19.8 % APR. In these two years , they increased my marble green Mastercard from $1000 to $2500 and I request to lower my interest rate. They lowered my interest rate from 19.8% fixed APR to 15.9 fixed APR.
    They told me it is the best rate that I can get from that type of the account. Last year, they mailed pre-select Kmart Mastercard and I got approved $2500 and the rate is 11.9 % APR. They increased my credit limit to $5500 afer three months without asking for increase. I think that Cap 1 had different terms of accounts and it depedns on the credit history of each individual.

Ron.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yeah, CapOne seems to change rates or have "specials" often. My unsecured Visa Classic C@rd is only $900 CL, 19.8%, no annual feel. I will have it one year come July. My Gold MC is $500 CL, 19.8, and no annual fee. It will be 1 year old in October.

Thanks,
    MikeB