capone deposit??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by acegirl, May 19, 2001.

1. acegirl

acegirl Well-Known Member

hi i applied for a capital one card and they told i was approved with a deposit of $199.? why is it this high? does that mean that my credit limit is $200? shall i wait some months to apply again?anyone on here have to give that much of a deposit?
    thanks

donna

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ace,
    It sounds like this is Cap1's secured card...there are specific terms you agree to before accepting this card....be sure to read the terms before you apply. However it sounds like you have applied and are already accepted. BE CERTAIN you know what you have signed up for, which is specified in your application. Here are your questions:

why is it this high?
    Not that high, secured cards generally require some deposit. 50-200 is normal some have better multiples of your deposit.

does that mean that my credit limit is $200?
    Read your terms it may mean that your limit is $199

shall i wait some months to apply again?
    Only if your credit reports have improved...applying again will only get you the same results if you don't repair your report.

anyone on here have to give that much of a deposit?
    Yes, I have read that and more....I do not have a secured card but I would imagine that would be about the norm again it all depends upon your credit-worthiness and $200 is an amount not a limit nor a fee.

-Dave

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

My Cap 1 account when I started in 11/96 was $100.00 for a starting cl of $300.00

Your situation depends on what got you here. My Cap 1 card was the first cc after filing for a bk-13 in 10/96. So try to understand, if waiting 6 months will improve your situation to apply with better terms.

If you have no other cc and need one this one can help in rebuilding your credit. There are other cc out there that are really ruthless.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I would file a complaint with planetfeedback. MP$40 did that b/c it was taking c1 forever to open her account after she sent in her deposit. Well Mr. Miller, approved her for a unsecured card, sent her deposit back and UPPED the credit limit. I think it is worth a shot.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yes this is true. I had some problems opening up my secured account so I complained. Mr. Miller took care of me and sent my deposit back ($199) and opened me up an unsecured silver account w/ $200 limit. Hey...it's a start.