Captail One Gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kenny, Jan 27, 2001.

1. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

My girlfriend got a pre-approved Cap One Gold offer in the mail yesterday. How good is this card? They are offering a 13.9%APR for the 1st six months then 19.9 I think.

Kenny

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

thats the low end offers they have been giving. don't be suprised if she has little credit to get the $250 card limit, or ok credit $500 limit.

:)

3. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Read this one close. There may be a $6/mo. fee attached.

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Yes, and it will probably come with an anemic, pathetic credit limit of $200 and lots of fees.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I agree with the other comments. However, last year I got a $3,000, no annual fee, 20.5% Capital one card after 20 months with a $1,000, $29 annual fee, classic card. Look at the ad carefully.

Providian gave me the same deal a few months later but the interest rate is 24%. I expect to negotiate that down soon.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Watch them for the annual fee thing, they'll usually mail you an offer for like $49 /year and offer you (when u call them) the same deal for $79/year.

they must make brownie points..

I just got the gold visa with $500 (woohoo) limit, and $49 year membership in decemeber.

i was charged a $4 member fee in december, i expect to get hit with the $49/yearly lump sum this month right?
    hmmm.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I noticed that c1 was starting to charge monthly fees. A girlfriend was telling me about her offer. Doesnot that suck?

roni

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

It's $4/month instead of $49/yearly.

In essence, it could be better than paying the lump sum at the beginning. since $49 out of $200 would be hard :))

hehe