Car insurance after Repo, etc.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by demeter, Sep 18, 2003.

1. demeter

demeter Member

Recently had my car repo'd and am in the process of paying up to date to get it back.

Since it was a lease I was required to carry insurance on it, and will be required to have it before I can get the car back. Am I going to have a hard time as a result of the repo?? I realize that I've totally screwed my credit for a long time.

Does anyone know how many points a repo drops your FICO?

Lastly, I was planning on buying out my lease in June (2004), and I guess now I'll have a hard time getting anyone to give me a loan.

Please help---I'm about to take to the bridge!
    If anyone can provide any answers to these questions I would be truly grateful.

Thanks!

2. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

First of all, picking your bridge is a decision you should not take lightly. Don't do the "movie bridge"
    where the water is like 3 miles down! This gives you too much time to reconsider. Pick a bridge maybe 30 or 40 feet above the water. This gives you less time to think about what a stupid idea it was, and statistics show that your chance of landing on a shallowly submerged piece of iron are quite high.

Next, do you even have enough time to get it back? Most places will auction it off fairly soon like less than 30 days. Most will also tack on all sorts of fees including attorney, repo guy, and of course storage.

As far as you wanting to buy out your lease, if done right, you may be able to get the same place to do the loan. What company is it?

SnakeMan

3. demeter

demeter Member

Its US Bank.

And I was just kidding about taking the bridge. I just can't believe that this happened.

What else can you tell me?

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Next, do you even have enough time to get it back? Most places will auction it off fairly soon like less than 30 days. Most will also tack on all sorts of fees including attorney, repo guy, and of course storage.

snakeman
    ================
    Rip off rite?

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    http://teamhouse.tni.net/Misc/bestphotos2003/bestphotos.htm