Car Loan Approved! :) Rates?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Oct 30, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hi, ya'll! Remember that car loan I was waiting to see about with Capital One? Well, I never heard anything so I finally got a human today and was told I was approved. They are faxing the paperwork tomorrow as I'm having some issue receiving it by mail.

My question is: What are car rates right now? Just wondering what to base the interest on?

Thanks so much!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My credit is damaged, 634 equifax, 670 experian, and 579 trans union. I was approved through trans-union pull only by chase manhattan for 7% APR on a new 2001.5 audi a4 total finance price came out to a tad over $30000 (500 x 60). Vw credit approved me for 8.75% interest, Household 14.5%, Chevy (used car not audi) 10.24% all at 60 months terms.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

BKev..thank you...Sam..thank you! (And, congrats!) Well, I'll know tomorrow but at least I know what to expect....My credit is damaged, too..so will be interesting..but our car is now at 9.5 so hoping it won't be more! :)

Thanks!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nana a big congrats on your loan approval:)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, My Friend! I hope it's a good one. It would be fun to go car shopping! :)

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

0.00% 60 months...GM/FORD...probably others (EXPIRES 10/31/2001)...DON'T KNOW IF THEY WILL RENEW IT IF THEY STILL CAN'T SELL CARS...

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, George! :) :)

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I told my wife I was going shopping tomorrow to get ME a new VAN, she said she better go so I get the CORRECT ONE that she will like to drive to work every day!?!?!?!?!

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL..think we are getting a van, too....are you really? Happy hunting!

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If she is going to BORROW it FOREVER...MAYBE NOT.