Car Payment 2 days late

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mark, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark Guest

My car payment is or was 2 days late Arcadia calls me. Can I ask a current creditor to not call me???

2. CD

CD Guest

Not Hardly

Mark:
    A C&D (Cease & Desist) demand is generally only applicable as related to third party collectors, not original creditors. Therefore one canâ??t usually demand that an original creditor stop calling, especially if the consumer is factually late. Doesnâ??t matter (technically) how late one is, a single day or more can be sufficient to justify a collection call.

However, if contractual terms allow for a grace period (like ten days)? Itâ??s not common practice to call on an account within that period, because itâ??s simply not cost-effective; and the account is not (technically) delinquent. Most folks pay within such a time frame, so itâ??s a waste of the collection staffsâ?? time.

What may be happening is that the creditorâ??s auto-dialer could be misqueuing numbers (it happens), leading the collection effort erroneously. Nonetheless, memorialize each instance in writing because if it continues you could have grounds for certain claims. Either that or you could have some fun with the collector(s), keeping them on the phone by engaging conversation (which tweeks their call ratios the longer they talk).

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor,
    CreditDefenses.com