card for a Brit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nick, Jan 30, 2001.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    I'm an Engligh guy living in Japan and need a USD online credit card. Not the best combination I know, but I have a clean record and so it must be possible. I have looked everywhere, and just can't find a company. Please let me know if you have any info.

  2. Creditinsi

    Creditinsi Guest

    USA credit cards require a social security number and a USA address to even consider you for a card. I am not too familiar with offshore credit cards but search in Yahoo or Google search engines, you may be able to find something that fits your needs.

  3. Saar

    Saar Banned

    The solution:

    Ok, here's what you do:

    1. Go to and get a U.S. mailbox. Your address may be "shadowed" not to look like a PO Box.

    2. Go to , download form W-7, fill in and send it. This will get you an ITIN, which is a SSN-like number that American Express accepts.

    3. Get an American Express card either from a British or a Japanese bank or other financial institute.

    4. Call AMEX USA, Special Handlings unit, 1-800-453-2639, and apply for a "Structure Change". This will "Americanize" your card. When you speak w/ them, give your ITIN and GMBE-address.

    Good luck,
  4. Geo

    Geo Well-Known Member

    RE: The solution:

    After you get the US Address via Mailbox etc or others and your ITIN... aply over the web to a First Usa credit card and two others, it will create your file in your reports.

    Then apply for capital one Secure, FCNB secure or Aria, they will approve you, then just star to build your credit.

    PS. You will also need to open a checking account in the USA. I will recomend Washington mutual Bank (Free checking Acc).
  5. Michael

    Michael Guest


    Only Chase and United National Bank accept the ITIN for secured applications!

    As for the Bank account good luck, best bet is a brokerage account with Waterhouse or Fidelity. Banks want a real SS# or in person to open accounts!
  6. Geo

    Geo Well-Known Member

    I DID IT

    I DID IT!. 9 Credit cards by now.
  7. Geo

    Geo Well-Known Member

    Just forget the Michael's post

    Nick, Forget the Michael's post!. You can open a US checking account or another account without any SS# or ITIN. I suggested to open the account because you need to pay for the credit cards statemets in US funds.
  8. Alberto He

    Alberto He Guest

    we're the chipmunks. C-H-I-P-M-U-N-K. We're the chipmunks. Coming at you like never before. We're the chipmunks. Do Do Dododod do do dododo.
  9. Me, Myself

    Me, Myself Guest

    Americanexpress in the UK has an international Dollar Card available for anyone worldwide.

Share This Page