Card Recommendation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by name, Apr 10, 2001.

1. name

name Guest

Looking for a Visa with low APR and credit limit
    of about $5,000 - $10,000. Can anyone recommend an institution that they've consistently experienced good service with and feels that institution is fair/honest?

2. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Citibank Platinum Select is a good card. They give high credit limits and have exellent customer service. Right now they have a 2.9% balance transfer promotion. Their APR is normally 16.9 I think, but when I got my card, I called up and got a reduction to 8.9 for 6 months. The rep told me to call when the rate expired to renew the rate (or possibly get a better rate.) Hope that helps.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

name,
    I think BofA Platinium Visa will give you fixed 9.9 APR and a min. credit line of $5000.

Ron.

4. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

light user recommendation

Well I was just talking to a friend about this very subject. I said I would ask here about a recommendation for her. She's mid-20s has one Visa which went from $500 to $1,000 about 6 months ago--she's had the card for about 5 years (she doesn't know the particulars about APR or fees).

She has Macy's and Sears cards which she says she only uses at Christmas. But the thing is she said she closes them and then opens them when it's time for holiday shopping. I cautioned her that she should just leave them open, is that correct?

I was thinking about having her try for the Amex SkyMiles card since she has a Delta account and has discovered she likes to fly :)

Any recommendations for a card for her? She has a decent job (at a bank no less) and has very little in household expenses since she lives in a spare house owned by her parents and has about $30k in the bank.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

jonesing

You should either leave the account open forever...or close it forever.

6. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Re: jonesing

That's what I told her. I've learned a lot on this board and I told her that it's best to leave the accounts open to build up the longevity on her credit report.

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Yes, leave the accounts opened. I would have her try to obtain a Citibank or Chase cc, should have no problems.

Best regards,
    Sam

8. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I strongly recommend Chase. They have given me some of my highest lines and consistantly offer low rates.

http://www.creditsense.com