career in banking

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mandy, Mar 15, 2001.

1. mandy

mandy Guest

Does anyone know what type of credit you have to have to work at a bank? Specific fico score, etc?

2. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I have been told that banks, for employment purposes, don't check late payments, credit scores etc. They check public records like judgments etc. very carefully due to compliance issues. They will also check unmet credit obligations like collections and charge offs.

Hint: They give you forms that have specific questions asking you to list the amounts you owe to creditors.
    DO NOT LIE ON AN EMPLOYMENT APP. State the facts accurately. List all charge-offs, collections etc. on the form if they give you one to fill out.

Regards.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

They don't check credit in my area for entry level positions---so I guess it depends on what level you plan on starting out at

4. mandy

mandy Guest

Mgt. position???

It would be for a mgt. position.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: Mgt. position???

If you are really that serious and have the experience and education behind you to qualify for "walking into" that level, you probably know people that work at bank or can cultivate some as acquaintances. I would also check with employment agencies (headhunters)etc for additional information.
    It does seem that many of the position where I live are strongly based on networking ie; who you know. So, get social and squeeze some info.
    You could always call up banks, tell them you are doing research on policies (whatever) and see if you can get any info--might be a long shot BUT all you need is ONE helpful receptionist :)
    AnnMarie

6. bj

bj Guest

Re: Mgt. position???

I imagine they would just be checking you out to make sure there wasn't anything fraudulent going on. I work for a large issuer, and it seems many people have had their bruises and bumps in terms of credit history. I would ask the HR department directly for more information.