Cars From Your Past

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by lbrown59, Jan 5, 2006.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

From all the cars you've previously owned.
    If you could have only one of them back which one would it be?
    First Choice?
    Second choice?
    Third choice?
    ===========================
    My choices are as follows

1* 1960 Chevy Impala Convertible:Of all the cars I've previously owned.
    If I could only have one of them back it would have to be the Black 1960 Chevy Impala Convertible with the white rag top and the red and white interior.
    It was one sharp looking machine and a real mover with the 348 engine with 3 duces and a racing cam.
    http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm

2* 1971Chevelle Malabu Convertible: The closest picture to it that I could find on the net
    http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev7201.htm

3* 1950 chevy: This one has a special place in my hart as one of these was my first car.
    http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev5003.htm
    Don't have it any more but I do have one like it.

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I replied on your other post.

Can I ignore this post?

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

If ya wanna.

I posted this subject on several of the tractor boards.
    Every one seemed to enjoy it and had a lot of fun so I thought I'd post it here and let the folks here join in on the fun.

4. Jenita

Jenita Banned

Hi,
    The first thing youâ??ll need to consider is that old cars have pretty shoddy locks, for the most part. Car thieves are very much aware of this, so unless you plan on sticking an expensive security system into your classic, complete with lots of decals advertising what youâ??ve done, youâ??re at high risk. So what can you do?

The most obvious thing is to keep your classic completely out of their sight. Locking your car in a secure garage helps; just make sure that the entrances to the garage are both well lit and lockable. If you donâ??t have a garage, and you arenâ??t able to store it anywhere other than your driveway, youâ??ll definitely want to keep it as unappealing as possible, using lots of light and maybe scattering some â??beware of dogâ? signs nearby.

If you need to leave your car alongside a road for any length of time, let me be the first to encourage you to never leave it unattended for long.

5. Crystal R

Crystal R New Member

I'm still pretty young, 24 years old, so I've only owned 2 cars. My first car was given to me when I turned 18, it was a Toyota Corolla. I used that car for more than 5 years. Now, I have Honda CR-V.

6. no1healey

no1healey Well-Known Member

My last rod was a 59 healey bugeye sprite with a 400 hp 327 chevy....
    I built it to a theme of a cobra paint and all. It took years to make it handle
    95 in wheel base and lots of power are a deadly combination...
    The biggest problem was believe it or not COOLING....I had several "purist" admire it even though they resented me killing the orginal car,,lol
    Isnt the hot rodder in America...Doing what they say cant be done??..lol

7. chankya

chankya Banned

I dont own a car uptil now, i am just 20 years old. I dont have a license yet so i think i will prefer a small car for myself so i could be drive from the busy roads easily. I cant tell you exactly what kind of car i will have.

8. bizwiz41

bizwiz41 Well-Known Member

A bit of an old post here, but seems like fun...

For me the memories are of:

1) Maserati 430 Spyder convertible (red of course w/ tan leather and suede interior). I could spend hours just looking at it!

2) Triumph TR6: pure "motoring" pleasure, even with fickle English electrical system.

3) VW GTI: a surprise find, modified for racing, and pure fun to drive.

4) VW GLI Wolfsburg: another treasure find, great balance of driving fun and comfort.

9. MiniYou

MiniYou New Member

I haven't owned many cars but I know which vehicle I wish I could have back.

1969 Chevy Impala. White interior and exterior. Very clean.

My 2nd choice would be my 86 Chevy Blazer. It was very tough. Blue exterior and tan leather interior.

10. fred333

fred333 Banned

I had an 78' Jeep. Does this count?

11. bizwiz41

bizwiz41 Well-Known Member

It does if you loved it!!

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I have several favorites. Today I think my favorite is a 1980 Gran Fury. Converted police cruiser. Settled in nicely at about 80 MPH.

13. tonymaffoy

tonymaffoy New Member

Re:

I Have Hundai i10 car...