Carson Pirie Scott charge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jackie, Jun 24, 2000.

1. Jackie

Jackie Guest

Does anybody have a Carson's charge card? It is a department store under "The May Company." I have very little credit and alot of inquiries on TransUnion (9-10) in the past 6 months (length of my credit history). I shop alot here, and thought it would be good to carry their card. What do you think?

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Carson's is a great store. I'm not sure how convenient their credit card is(interest rate, grace period,etc.). If you are wanting the card to build a credit history or keep your other credit lines open, it may be a good idea. However, too many cards can work against you so be careful. Also, if you have a lot of recent inquiries, I would suggest you wait 6 months to 1 year before applying for more credit. Creditors may deem you as "credit hungry" if they see a lot of inquiries with a short credit history and don't want to take the chance that you will receive more credit than you can handle. Good luck!

3. Hubert  X

Hubert X Guest

Too Many Inquiries

I have 4 inquiries in the last 6 months, and I thought that was a lot.

I think a department store is a good way to build credit, particularly if you shop there anyway. Store cards may be easier to get, but you may have too many inquiries even for a store card. You probably need to wait a while. A young friend of mine had only one inquiry in her entire life, and she easily got a card at Robinsons, which is also part of May Company.