CA's lying about their identity?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisamar378, Sep 24, 2003.

1. lisamar378

lisamar378 Active Member

This is ridiculous and I'm freaking tired of it. I'm a receptionist and someone here is being haunted by a CA. The guy who's being haunted works on the floor of the NYSE and can't take calls directly. I take messages and pass them on to him.

I'm sick of this CA calling for him, they call 10 times a day and of course this guy won't return their phone calls. Now the CA has resorted to being nasty to me and lying about his identity. Yesterday he told me that he's a friend of this guys and only in town for one day. Today he told me that he was a detective for a local precinct. He won't divulge his CA status, but I called his number back myself and he is, in fact, a CA.

I've asked them to contact the man they're looking for at home, they say they don't have the number. Naturally, I won't give it to them, but I'm sure they're lying anyway.

What can I do to make this CA stop calling my office? Is there some law I can quote to him when he calls? The man hasn't cursed at me yet, but I think 10 times per day is harassment, if you ask me!

2. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

Just a guess here...is he from NCO?
    They tried that tactic on me.

Next time he calls, ask him for his badge # and commanding officer's name....then say if he doesn't give it to you that you are calling up the district attorney and pressing criminal charges for impersonating a police officer, a class "D" felony in NY State

3. lisamar378

lisamar378 Active Member

Re: Re: CA's lying about their identity?

I'm not sure which one?? I'll have to make sure I make a note of which CA it is when he calls back. they usually just say "it's a personal business matter." Lately they've been getting creative. Thatnks for the tip, I'll try that.

4. lisamar378

lisamar378 Active Member

Re: Re: CA's lying about their identity?

I'm not sure which one?? I'll have to make sure I make a note of which CA it is when he calls back. they usually just say "it's a personal business matter." Lately they've been getting creative. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.

5. pd11604

Re: Re: Re: CA's lying about their identity?

Telling you ( a 3rd party) that they are collection agents is a violation (for your co-worker)

You could call the number back and see...it doesn't matter though

You might have to (or your bosses) might have to write them a letter stating that "no personal phone calls are accepted, do not call here again"

the guy they are looking for should also write to them demanding that they cease calling him at work

6. lisamar378

lisamar378 Active Member

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. This CA has now taken up pulling names from our company website and calling random employees listed there. He is driving EVERYONE mad now!!

7. pd11604

Have someone in authority at your company send him a letter stating do not call here any longer