Cash advance

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by T.B., Nov 17, 2000.

1. T.B.

T.B. Guest

This is my first credit card, and I was wondering if I request a cash advance, do I have to wait for my PIN number, or would I be able to obtain it from a bank without it?
    This is just a hypothetical, I'm not about to go nuts with the credit limit or anything.

2. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

You can walk inside your banks local branch and give them the card and a Picture ID and get a cash advance done that way ..

3. CCMax

CCMax Guest

I'd just advise you to call your bank first to get them to disclose all the fees associated with cash advances. Depending on your card, they can be pretty steep. Plus realize the bank you use will also charge you a fee, and there may be a difference in fees since you are not going to use the ATM.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

check cashing places usually will do it as well. Sometimes their fees believe it or not are not as high as banks. I've seen some local banks charge $10-25 per cash advance. Depends on how good of a customer you are. :)

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I've never been charged by the bank when I've gotten a cash advance at the counter. When did banks start doing this and which ones?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

None i've been to.