CASH ?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, Mar 9, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I accicdently over paid my card and now have a 500 dollar credit Bal> Can i write out a 500 Dollar check to get my money back with out incurring a cash advance fee?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PROBABLY NOT.

CALL FOR A CHECK REFUND.

Or, if they do FREE balance transfers, have them send the $500.00 to another card you have.

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

you can always ask them to send you a check for $500. They should mail it out in a few days after your request.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

You dont owe them this money, so you can easialy get it back, just give em a call and
    they will send you a check. I did this once with my JC Penney charge card and
    they sent me a check for the overpayment 2 weeks later, and I didnt even have
    to call.

Alex
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

5. lbrown59

Re: CASH ?????
    Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 03-09-01 14:05

PROBABLY NOT.
    Reply To Message = Why would there be a fee when they aren't giving me any of their money?????

6. lbrown59

you can always ask them to send you a check for $500. They should mail it out in a few days after your request.

Reply To Message =Do not want to wait that long for my money

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

READ THE FINE PRINT...

It probably says that they will charge a cash advance fee to use the check...up to 4% extra!

Call the 800 number and ask them for exact answers!

8. lbrown59

Re: CASH ?????
    Author: GEORGE (---.ftclns1.co.home.com)
    Date: 03-10-01 17:04

READ THE FINE PRINT...

It probably says that they will charge a cash advance fee to use the check...up to 4% extra!

Call the 800 number and ask them for exact answers!

Reply To Message ==Since they aren't lending me any money there can't be a cash advance thus 4%of zero is 0:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FINE PRINT... probably says that they will charge a cash advance fee to use the check...up to 4% extra: Interesting point__Do you get charged for receiving the money or using the check??