CC balance to limit ratios

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I have a question. What balance to limit ratio is ideal? I've heard anywhere from 15 to 25%.

I'm in the process of paying down my debt but I wanted to pay it down to a decent d-to-l ratio and I'm not sure what that is anymore.

I've visited other sights that have said as much as 30% (meaning, keep them below that).

Anyone have any opinions on this that they care to share?

P.S. This is one of my reason codes on Equifax...it's my 1st one to be exact.

2. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I would go less than 15% never more than 20% for best fico
    Also pay off (zero balance) each card once in awhile to get the most points

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Kinda sucks for those people with that $200 secured card from Capital One. That means that they can have a balance no more than $60!!! Now I understand why people are pushing for higher limits.

I generally have been trying to go by the 30% rule but it's hard sometimes when you have low limit cards.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: CC balance to limit ratios
    Author: MP$40 (worf1.qntm.com)
    Date: 04-12-01 11:14

Kinda sucks for those people with that $200 secured card from Capital One. That means that they can have a balance no more than $60!!! Now I understand why people are pushing for higher limits.

I generally have been trying to go by the 30% rule but it's hard sometimes when you have low limit cards.

Reply To Message == When you don't factor in income the fico means nothing . A better way to spell fico is FARCE !