cc charge-off,not mine

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jcr, Aug 11, 2003.

1. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

Thank's for the reply Gersh,yes this stuff is still on my credit report.Hopefully I can get a copy of the credit-app,and see where I stand on that.

Thank's JCR

2. Gersh

Gersh Well-Known Member

I think that it is entirely possible that you are being incorrectly reported. That the crecit card company has you listed as co-applicant when you should be listed as authorized user.

I believe that as an authorized user, you have no responsibility for the account.

I believe that the credit card company, either by accident or design, has listed you (incorrectly) as co-applicant in the hopes of collecting money from anywhere possible. They are grabbing at straws.

But while they are grabbing for straws, they are trashing your credit.

3. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Yeah Gersh, that's the same impression I got after talking to the CA guy,grasping at straw's.

thank's JCR

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

So have you sent the ca the V.L. I posted above?

5. lbrown59

charge-off,not mine

So for somebody to file a lawsuit against her is pissing in the wind,they have nothing to gain monetarily.
    JCR
    ================
    In that case if they know it they would probably file against you instead.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

No lbrown I have'nt sent the validation letter,yet,I am holding off on that until I can see or get a copy of the credit-app.

thank's JCR

7. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

A signed app is one of the things the v l ask for.

8. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

In that case if they know it they would probably file against you instead.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59

Well hopefully the reason they have'nt file suit against me is that they know somethin I don't,and hopefully that is the fact that I was listed as an AU on my mother's card and I have no legal obligation for this account.I know,this could be wishful thinking,but you never know.

thank's JCR

9. lbrown59

i like the straw theory !

10. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Is the credit-app something the CA would have,or have access to,or would the OC still have it.

thank's JCR

11. lbrown59

if you send the VL to the CA The CA must obtain it from the OC if the CA don't have it!

12. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

lbrown are you trying to tell me I'm grasping at straw's myself.LOL.That could be.

thank's JCR

13. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

if you send the VL to the CA The CA must obtain it from the OC if the CA don't have it!

What if the OC does'nt have it.

thank's JCR

14. Gersh

Gersh Well-Known Member

DO WHAT BROWN SAYS!!

15. Gersh

Gersh Well-Known Member

Then the credit card never existed ..

16. lbrown59

17. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

O.K lbrown you have talked me into the validation letter,but there is one problem with the one you want me to send.( You should also be aware that sending unsubstantiated demands for payment through the United States Mail System might constitute mail fraud under federal and state law.).Nobody has ever contacted me through the mail,one rather short phone call with a CA guy is the only contact I have had with anybody,and that was in march of 2002.

thank's JCR

18. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

* Blacks law Dictionary defines FRAUD thusly:

An intentional perversion of the truth for the pur-pose of inducing another in reliance upon it (the truth) to part with some valuable thing belong-ing to him or to surrender a legal right: a false representation of a matter of fact, whether by word or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of that which should have been disclosed, which deceives or is intended to deceive another so that he will act upon it to his own legal injury.

We all know that every time a transaction is made with the card, and signature affixed to the slip, you re-affirm your intention to abide by the contract, as of the date you sign.

Even though Mom probably did have good intentions when she first began the account, it may be difficult to show she never intended to defraud, as transactions went along, during the escalation of her financial difficulties.

I think you need to go see a lawyer JCR, for the benfit of both you and your Mom.

Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

:)

19. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

Then they can't say they weren't warned if they do can they?

20. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

Point taken lbrown.

thank's JCR