cc charge-off,not mine

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jcr, Aug 11, 2003.

1. bizwiz41

bizwiz41 Well-Known Member

JCR,

Wait out the validation letter, in YOUR case it is doubtful they have retained the signature card/application after 7 years.

On to your Mom, is she getting calls & letters from Collections Agency? You need to send a "Debt Validation" letter for HER also. You will need to start a separate process for her.

Maintain communication w/Collections Agency or CC Co. IN WRITING ONLY. Do NOT let them speak to your Mom. They would love to beat up on someone helpless...

Sending the letter for your Mom buys you both some time to gather info and make a plan. It will also stop the collection efforts, buying your Mom some relief.

If I'm reading your reports correctly, did your Mom stop paying in 11/2001 or 5/2003? It looks like 5/2003, which seems "quick" to charge off the debt. They generally wait 180 days. If it has been only since May, you may have negotiating room for removal of item from both your reports, and your Mom's in exchange for payment. I would also ask for a "settlement", paying less than the full $3700.

Hang In There, and very nice words about your Mom. I'm sure she's a wreck over this whole mess. Our thoughts are with her.....

2. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Yes jlynn she live's in utah as well.

And bizwiz as for those date's,the last time she paid on this account was 11/01.I don't know where 5/03 come's from.As for the CA's and my mom,the CA will call maybe once every six month's.When I have a little more time I will go into more detail about my mother and the CA's.

thank's JCR

3. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Lbrown,I taw a putty tat.

JCR

4. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Lbrown,I taw a putty tat.

JCR

5. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

lbrown,I tawt I taw a putty tat.

6. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

O.K guy's,I got the green card from the validation letter back today.Now do I dispute with the CRA's,or wait and see what the CA does.

thank's JCR

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

Now do I dispute with the CRA's,or wait and see what the CA does.
    jcr

dispute with the CRA's

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

8. bizwiz41

Dispute with all Credit Reporting Agencies that this item is on. Dispute it as "NOT MINE"

If you need any help, let us know.....Good Luck!!

9. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Do I dispute online,or in writing,or doe's it matter.

thank's JCR

10. bizwiz41

Re: Re: Re: Re: cc charge-off,not mine

If you have current copies of your report (w/report numbers) you can do it on-line. Make sure you PRINT OUT EVERYTHING AND RETAIN A HARD COPY IN YOUR FILES. Document everything.

On-Line is probably the easiest, while you're there review the rest of your report for any other innaccuracies.

11. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Well I tried to dispute to all three CRA's,but only TU would do this online for some reason.So I guess I will have to dispute the other two through the mail.When I send the dispute letter's to EXP and EQ,should I send them CRRR as well.

\
    thank's JCR

12. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Anybody know the addresse's of the CRA's.

thank's JCR

13. Kelfig

Kelfig Member

You need an attorney because you need to take advantage of the attorney client privilege and to get independent confidential advice personalized to your situation. There may be things you don't wish to discuss on the forum that you should admit to an attorney so they can really get a handle on how to help you.

For $$, as you will want to pay them as little as you can, they usually have state licensing or bar associations which have reduced rates for an office consulta tion... some offices have FREE initial consultations. DO NOT FORGET TO HAVE AN OUTLINE OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DISCUSS and bring a pad and paper and ask to have them repeat stuff as you write so you can have something to go by.

The forums are great for general ideas on what to do and what has worked for other people in the past, but your situation is totally unique from any I've read about. The fact that your mom's credit was good and she just put you on as a co-applicant anway doesn't make any sense. Anytime I hear of a co-applicant is where a person needs a boost due to poor credit.

GOOD LUCK with your situation, and sounds like a sad situation all around. Hopefully this will be the low point in your financial situation and things get way better for you.

14. lbrown59

charge-off,not mine

1*but your situation is totally unique from any I've read about.
    Kelfig
    ==========
    1*But not to this board.
    JCR is not the only one this has ever happened to as others have posted here before.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

15. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

charge-off,not mine

Thank's for your reply Kelfig,but as far as hiring an attorney go's,I don't think I need one because I don't think the CA or the OC can validate.I will find out shortly about that.Secondly,the reason my mother put me down as co-app was in case I ever needed some emergency money,for whatever reason,then I could use the card with no hassle's.At the time she applied for the card her credit was spotless.So she did'nt use my name to obtain the card.

thank's JCR

16. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

charge-off,not mine

O.K. I mailed the dispute letter's,crrr of course,to EXP and EQ.Now correct me if I am wrong here,if the CA does'nt report to the CRA's that I am in dispute,then this is an FCRA violation.

thank's JCR

17. bizwiz41

charge-off,not mine

You're doing well JCR,

Glad to hear you have the disputes sent to the CRAs.

Yes, the CA is supposed to state that the item is in dispute, it is a violation if they don't. Most likely the CRA will "verify" this information. They will only check your name, address or SS# through an "automated system" (?? whatever that means!).

If they do "verify", then you need to continue the battle. Let's address that when these items are done.

Hang In There, You're doing GREAT!!

18. lbrown59

Re: charge-off,not mine

19. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Thank's for the replie's Bizwiz & lbrown.So far this has'nt been too painful.

thank's JCR

20. jcr

jcr Well-Known Member

Yee ha,TU deleted today.

thank's JCR