CC# immediately after applying

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BigGuy, Mar 29, 2001.

1. BigGuy

BigGuy Guest

Hello,
    Does anyone know of a credit card company that will give you your credit card number immediately after applying on the Internet instead of having to wait 3 to 6 weeks for the card to come in the mail? I want to buy something on the Internet in the next few days, and don't have time to wait for snail mail to arrive. Someone mentioned that NextCard does this. Can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks,
    BigGuy

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Re: CC# immediately after appl

I received my number from Citibank Platium Select immediately and previously had gotten the same from Capitol One.
    AnnMarie

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Citi click AA Advantage did for me. :) Just check to see if you have to have that little 3 digit verification number. Lots of sites use that now to prevent fraud.

breeze

4. SouthTexas

SouthTexas Guest

If you apply for CLIC CITI drom Citibank, it will give a # and exp.date

5. BigGuy

BigGuy Guest

breeze,
    Excuse my ignorance, but what little 3 digit verification number? Where do I get this number?
    Thanks,
    BigGuy

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Big Guy,
    I think the other one is First USA.

7. BigGuy

BigGuy Guest

Thank you everyone for the replies. I really like the NextCard since it will let you put a picture on the card itself, has a low interest rate if you have good credit, has decent rewards, etcâ?¦ I also like CapitalOne. I've had bad experiences with Citibank in the past so I would like to stay away from them if at all possible. Has anyone else received your credit card number immediately after applying (not having to wait for the card in the mail) from NextCard or CapitalOne?

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Big Guy,
    Citibank won't give you account number if you are nort previously Citibank cardholder. That's what happened to me when I was approved for Click Citi Plat Select two years ago.

9. JB

JB Well-Known Member

I just applied and was approved online for NextCard this week. They gave me a valid credit card number and expiration date and said I could use it immediately. They said the plastic card would arrive in 5-10 days.

10. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Congrats! Did you get terms that were to your liking?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BigGuy

but what little 3 digit verification number?
    --------------------------------------
    LOOK ON BACK OF CARD

4024-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX 458

(458) IS THE "MAGIC NUMBER"

12. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: BigGuy

Chase also gives you your number and expiration date. You can use up to $250 until your card arrives and you activate it. They are pretty quick. I applied for the card on friday the 23rd and received the card today. Good luck!

13. mark

mark Guest

fatshoe.com will provide an online credit card number to everyone. everyone is immediately qualified. They will mail the Visa card in 5 days.

14. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Fatshoe visa is not a credit card.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

JB,
    Nextcard didn't give me any credit card number when I was aprroved on-line. It let me know I was approved with $1000 credit limit.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

the magic number..

is proof that you actually have the card (the real piece of plastic) in your possession. In theory, it prevents the use of credit card *numbers* that have been stolen. Citi gave me a card number and access to part of the credit limit, but they do not give you the verification number. If a merchant wants the verification number (the magic number) you will have to wait until you get the card. My Citi card came in less than a week.

breeze

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: the magic number..

Breeze,
    About two years ago, I applied for Clickciti Plat Select and I got approved on-line. They didn't give any number on-line. I called their customer asked for the account number and they refused to give me any account number for security purpose. I have to wait for the plastic card for a week or two. My brother had a Citibank card and apply for Click Citi account. He got approved on-line and they gave him the account number and expiration date without waiting for the card.