CC Not Reporting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zero, Sep 23, 2003.

1. zero

zero Member

Did a search to no avail.

A little background. My wife has had a CC with Washington Mutal dating back to 10/02. On her reports it lists as ASSOC/CITIBANK SD. This past spring (June I'm guessing) she reported her card lost. It was cancelled without any problem and she was reissued a new card.

Now on each of her reports she has 2 tradelines from ASSOC/CITIBANK SD, one stating that it was lost or stolen, and the other showing current. The problem is, and I have no idea why its taken us this long to figure it out, is that the last report by any bureau on either tradeline is showing 6/03. Yet her card is still active.

The question then is. How do we correct this? Her payments for the past couple of months have all been on time and she has a low balance yet she is not benifiting from this being reported. Thankx for your help.

Zero

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Citibank is notorious for reporting you late within 30 minutes of passing the 30 days, and slow as molasses to report good stuff. Give them a call, and tell them you need to get it updated for some banking business.

If not you can always dispute as incorrect balance.

3. zero

zero Member

Ok, thankx. I'll give that a shot. Whats strange however is that she has an AU card to my Citi card and that one is reporting current on all of our reports. The coincendence with respect to the lost card seemed uncanny... the reports stopped at the same time.

Regardless, sometimes the easiest solution is right in front of you. I'll have her call, thankx waking me up :)

Zero