CCB a NEW LOW

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, Apr 2, 2000.

1. BOB

BOB Guest

CCB has stooped to a new low. Now they are
    shafting disabled people. I would not
    believe that a bank would stoop this low,
    but then again we are talking about CCB.
    This woman used there pay by phone method
    to make a payment. She called it in 2 days
    before the due date. The day was a tuesday.
    When she gets her statement this month guess
    what, there is a $27 dollar LATE FEE. When
    she calls to question the error the wonderful
    Customer Service Department at CCB tells
    her that she did not call in the payment
    until that friday evening. She procedes to
    tell them that the payment cleared her bank
    on that Friday. So Now this disabled person
    sends a copy of her statement to CCB showing
    that the payment cleared on the day they said it was called in. Then she gets a letter
    saying that after further investigation the
    FEE will not be remove because their records
    show it was late and as per the agreement
    it was late. Please call if we can be of
    further assistance. This is how CCB operates,
    shafting the poor and disabled. This woman
    had never been late in over 2 years of doing
    business with CCB. So if anyone does business with CCB be prepared to get shafted
    sooner or later. All you young people getting
    started in life and looking to get a credit
    card, do not go with CCB, they will eventually shaft you and mess your credit
    up to the point that it will hurt you when you try to buy a car, or try to get a
    mortgage for your first house. This bunch of crooks at CCB have a reputation of illegal
    activity in the way they do business. TO
    GO WITH CCB IS A MISTAKE THAT COULD HAUNT
    YOU FOR ALOT OF YEARS. Just read the info
    about CCB on this board and you will see
    what I've been saying is true. This disabled
    woman is my mother and CCB took advantage
    of her because they know she is disabled
    and on a fixed income. So she trusted them
    and got burnt.

2. PTMAN

PTMAN Guest

Don't worry, crooks like me are ripping them off left and right

3. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: PTMAN A Proud CCB employee

oh yes another proud CCB employee speaks,
    PYMAN let us hear some of your great
    wisdom. Speak like a proud CCB employee,
    we all need a good laugh on this board.
    Everything is serious here, the only time
    we get to laugh is when a CCB employee
    posts a message. Please Please leave us with
    some of your wisdom.

4. JP

JP Guest

I don't condone what CCB does in any way, shape or form, but protect yourself first. When you receive you CCB bill, mail your payment the same or next day, which should allow for ample time to arrive and post. Never wait until the last minute and try to use the phone pay. Not only does it cost to use the phone pay, you still might get "screwed". Again, pay your credit card bills the day you receive them.

Protect yourself first!

Regards,
    JP

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

If you haven't documented this for the DE Bank Commission, you need to..

They can't keep pulling this crap, no matter who they try to do it to..

6. David

David Well-Known Member

The only thing that I don't understand why someone waits two days before the due date to send in the payment to this CC company.
    Taking precautions is necessary, too.

BOB wrote:
    -------------------------------
    CCB has stooped to a new low. Now they are
    shafting disabled people. I would not
    believe that a bank would stoop this low,
    but then again we are talking about CCB.
    This woman used there pay by phone method
    to make a payment. She called it in 2 days
    before the due date. The day was a tuesday.
    When she gets her statement this month guess
    what, there is a $27 dollar LATE FEE. When
    she calls to question the error the wonderful
    Customer Service Department at CCB tells
    her that she did not call in the payment
    until that friday evening. She procedes to
    tell them that the payment cleared her bank
    on that Friday. So Now this disabled person
    sends a copy of her statement to CCB showing
    that the payment cleared on the day they said it was called in. Then she gets a letter
    saying that after further investigation the
    FEE will not be remove because their records
    show it was late and as per the agreement
    it was late. Please call if we can be of
    further assistance. This is how CC....

7. gs

gs Guest

David, a phone pay they told her was the best way to insure that a payment was received because you get a confirmation
    #. So much for that. The payment was supposed
    to be posted the same day. It wasn't a payment by mail.

8. Caroline

Caroline Guest

EVERYONE SHOULD LEAVE CCB ALONE. PAY YOUR BILLS ON TIME AND YOU WONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THEM. YOUR BILLS ARE MAILED ON THE 19TH OF EACH MONTH AND THEREFORE YOU HAVE PLENTYH OF TIME TO GET YOUR MINIUMU PAYMENT OF 35.00 SENT TO THEM. GET A LIFE PEOPLE. PAY YOUR BILLS. CCB GIVES PEOPLE WHO HAVE BAD CREDIT A CHANCE AND STUPID PEOPLE LIKE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WHO COMPLAINS ABOUT CCB DONT DESERVE CREDIT CARDS.

9. Meredith

Meredith Guest

BLOW ME!!!!!! THEY PAY THEIR PAYMENTS ON TIME ITS HO's LIKE YOU SITTING THERE THROWING THEM IN THE TRASH FOR 6 BUCKS AN HOUR THAT ARE THE PROBLEM!

10. Len

Len Guest

One thing shows the holes in Caroline's nonsense:
    My old bills show payment due on my MC & Visa on the 15th & 19th respectively. Mailing the bills out on the 19th is strange.
    Besides, many times Cross Country wouldn't mail a monthly statement at all. Also, it often didn't matter when payment was mailed: CCB posted my payments late or "lost" them on a regular basis.
    Cross Country is best avoided as it is without ethics or morality.

11. Len

Len Guest

You are correct Caroline: no one deserves credit cards from loan sharks like Cross Country.

12. Tim

Tim Guest

Lets face the facts, these new "credit card" companies were founded to feed off of those with credit blemishes. The best thing to do is use them only long enough to re-establish credit with a reasonable credit card company. If any of these cc companies scam you, use the law to your favor to go after them.

13. Caroline

Caroline Guest

RE: ALL THIS FROM A LAZY BROAD

I WORK HARD TAKING CARE OF MY 5 KIDS. AND IF MY HUSBAND GIVES ME 600 AND TELLS ME TO STAY HOME, THEN WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK OUTSIDE OF MY HOME. HE GIVES ME 1/2 OF HIS SALARY SO I CAN TAKE CARE OF MY KIDS. THIS CHILD SUPPORT IS BECAUSE WE BOTH OWNED STORES AND THIS IS PARTLY MY SHARE OF THE STORES ALSO. SO SCREW YOU BITCH merideth, ALL MY CHARGE CARDS GO FOR MY KIDS, NOT ME. I GO TO THE DOCTOR 1 X A YEAR AND MY GYNECOLOGIST 1 X A YEAR AND BUY MYSELF 1 PAIR OF SHOES AND 10 OUTFITS A YEAR. THE REST OF THE MONEY GOES FOR MY KIDS. SO STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASS

14. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

Ho's like you always say the same thing I make every payment on time, but when I look at thier payment history to ccb they have been 1,2,and 3 months late at times.

15. Joseph Smi

Joseph Smi Guest

Was the payment really made on time CCB will waive a late fee if the payment was on time. You claim no late payments for 2 yrs then ask for a crtsy waive of one late fee the requirements 6 monthly payments in a row within the last 12 months of coure all six had to be on time.

16. Don

Don Well-Known Member

>>Ho's like you always say the same thing I make every payment on time, but when I look at thier payment history to ccb they have been 1,2,and 3 months late at times<<

Wow Joseph...looks like you passed CCB's customer courtesy training with honors...you really believe what they tell you at that place, eh?..

17. Meredith

Meredith Guest

Well for the 20th time, please email me i'll give you the information to look it up. Just click on my name i'll get it. I'm not afraid to let you look at it because I know i've always been ontime.

18. Meredith

Meredith Guest

Do you know what, I know why you haven't emailed me and why you're being a jerk. Its that whole male ego thing compounded by your CCB training. I am right and you can't prove otehrwise, so you will just dogdge me.

19. GS

GS Guest

RE: CCB for Joseph

Only an act of GOD would cause CCB to waive
    a FEE. You know that and we all know that.
    So quit being so narrow minded about CCB.
    They are nothing but a bunch of crooks,
    and that includes you. Your BS on this
    board is funny. You always say "pay on time"
    and there won't be any trouble, what a crock.
    You have never answered the questions, how
    does CCB lose so many payments. Why does it take CCB so long to post payments. Why are
    CCB customer service personel so rude and hateful. Why does CCB illegally steal money
    out of peoples accounts. If you say CCB
    does not do these things then you're a bigger
    fool than you appear to be. We all know you work for CCB and that your postings are bias,
    so for once give us an unbias answer.

20. dw

dw Guest

Probably so. I would have to agree with you Meredith. Must be why he hasn't answered my question to him last week about explaining the .47 cent cash advance on my very first statement. Nor has he taken me up on my offer to banter with him.

Personally, I think he's gutless, ignorant, and hasn't a clue about what ethical, digified, humane business is about. There is no way he or anyone else can convince me that all the profitable Credit Card businesses operate under the same low life lack of standards employee and customer service philosphy as CCB does.

I think Joseph needs to go to school, get an education. Then, maybe he can get a real job. (At least wash his underwear once in a while!!).

Mind if I e-mail you Meredith? I think I could share with you some pointers on how to rid yourself of these bloodsucking thieves (otherwise known as CCB et al). Unlike the CCB fellowship, I choose not to impose upon people, so I'll await your response. (I have to clarify, I will impose upon those who have imposed upon me however, i.e. CCB)!

To J.S. - get an education, a real job, better yet, just get yourself a life for God sakes. You're making the rest of the pathetic creeps in the world look good!

Cheers!