CCB & ABC NIGHTLINE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, May 20, 2000.

1. BOB

BOB Guest

HEY FOLKS, I found a place to complain about
    CROOKS COUNTRY BANK and their crooked ways.

Go to: www.cardratings.org
    1. Click on Card Scam
    2. Go the bottom of the page and click on
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCAM ALERTS!
    3. READ: ABC NEWS NIGHTLINE EXPOSES
    COMPLAINTS then click on TELL NIGHTLINE

There you will find a place to tell nightline about your CROOKED experiences
    with CCB and their unethical and immoral
    employees. If enough of us e-mail Nightline
    maybe they will expose CCB for what they really are, ( A Bank full of CROOKS WHO WILL
    STEAL YOU BLIND WITH BOGUS FEES AND ILLEGAL
    PRACTICES CONCERNING PAYMENT POSTINGS)

And if enough of us complain and Nightline
    does a story on CCB maybe some State Attorney
    Generals with take your complaints serious and file law suits against ROCCO AND HIS
    BUNCH OF THEIVES, ( Mr. Shaw, and Mr. Williamson, and Joseph the collector with
    no morals) And I would bet the Delaware
    State Banking Commission would wake up also.

This is everyones chance to try and hurt CCB
    for what they have done to all of us. At least it couldn't hurt to try. This could open the way to various law suits, and I
    would love to see it happen for everyone who has been ripped of by CCB. I already told
    Nightline how they screwed my wife and mother, and I have the proof to back it up.
    Good Luck!!
    BOB

2. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

thanks bob i will do it right now also. i have documents showing that them people stole money out of my acct. i have been taping them on the phone every conversation for 2 months and they are aware of it i have told them. and they went into my old checking acct. anyway just last week after the fact they knew it has been closed because they did this once before) and went ahead with charging me so many fees like(returned check, late fee,etc.)i'm so tired of it all meaning typing letters, going to the post office mailing cert.letters to 3 different states,looking up phone#'s and adderesses ,so on and so on!!!!!!!! this is a big shame that we have to go through this process and it sickens me. thanks again and good luck to everyone!

3. BOB

BOB Guest

CINDY, If you have proof they took money out of your checking account without your approval, I would contact your State Attorney General and file a complaint.
    Let's hope everyone get's this message and e-mails Nightline, CROOKS COUNTRY BANK and all their employees deserve to burn in hell for
    what they have done to their customers.

4. Meredith

Meredith Guest

The attorney generals office, hell call your local pd, taking money from a bank account w/out permission is fraud

5. Cliff

Cliff Guest

Apparently CCB doesn't screw everybody. I've had a CCB card and a CapitalOne card for over a year now. Never been late on either, and CCB sent me their 'Silver' card last month with a credit line increase, too (and no charge for the credit line increase). Perhaps I haven't been with them long enough to get on their "now we're going to mess with you" list, who knows...

Cliff

6. Len

Len Guest

That's possible. The Silver card was the start of my year in hell with Cross Country. From all the mysterious charges that immediately appeared on my bill, I thought another CCB customer was sharing the card with me. Of course, Cross Country wouldn't do anything. It took a week for them to deactivate the account and four months to send me a new card. During this time, my payments began getting lost and posted late as well. Half the bogus charges remained on my bill until I closed my account, which took five months of battles with Cross Country's "customer service."
    Good luck.

7. BOB

BOB Guest

Cliff, my wifes, and mothers problems started
    a few months after they received their Silver
    Card. CROOKS COUNTRY BANK won't mess with you to much until your balance gets up to where they think you can't pay it all at once
    and then the bogus fees start, this give them a reason to raise you APR rate, then they will hold payments etc. so your late
    and they raise your rate again. It's a game for them, they care nothing for their customer. And their customer service reps.
    are a big joke, and the supervisors are a
    bigger joke. And if you every have to work
    with a MR. SHAW, be prepared he's the biggest joke of all. Oh yeah and there's a
    MR. WILLIAMSON in collections this guy is just plan STUPID, he has no idea what the hell he's doing. So since you got your Silver Card beware I would keep close tabs on your account. They only screw about 75%
    of their customers maybe you will be in the other 25% I HOPE. If not sue the hell out of them.

8. deicide

deicide Guest

Cliff, sounds like you manage your acct very
    well and that your very responsible. ccb just wants their payments on time and for people to stay under the alotted credit line
    for their acct. if you continue to act according to your cc agreement you wont have any problems with ccb. dont believe every thing you read on this bored.

9. Len

Len Guest

Yes. Don't believe everything you read on this board. I didn't.
    I learned what a nest of contemptible vipers Cross Country is for myself and ignored the overwhelming evidence.

It is absurd to say that all Cross Country wants is for you to stay within your limit and pay on time. What a rosey picture that is of a corrupt outfit with a deservedly stinking reputation.
    An amazing outlook and highly irrational.

Reminds me of some posts of my own from a couple of years ago, before I got burned by Cross Country:)

10. Meredith

Meredith Guest

Thats right baby, they wait until your balance is so HIGH you can't possibly pay it off and close the account, then they screw you.

11. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

well deicide, i did just that payed my payments on time but i NEVER gave them permission nor signed anything giving them the right to go into my checking acct. 2 days before it was do and a week before telling them that i was mailing a money order. that conversation was the one i taped so you can believe what you read from ccb were all not making up stories dah!

12. BOB

BOB Guest

deicide, you have to be a CROOKS COUNTRY BANK
    EMPLOYEE, only CCB employees are so stupid that they can't even spell decide,or board
    correctly. And you know as well as we do that making payments on time, and paying
    well over the minimum, and keeping your balance well under your limit have nothing to do with CCB acting responsible towards their customer. Tell how CCB holds on to payments till their late so they can charge late fees, tell how they illegally take funds out of customers bank accounts, tell
    how it takes CCB months to correct an error they admit was their fault,tell how when CCB makes an error and raises your APR because of their error that they refuse to credit you for the extra interest you paid while they took months to clear it up, and then
    refuse to lower the rate back to where it was. Hell I could go on all night about CROOKS COUNTRY BANKS unethical,immoral,and
    stupid employees, but since you can't spell you probably can't read either so I'll stop
    so you can find someone to read this to you.
    When you get to work tell Mr. Shaw about this board, let him see just what we all
    think of CROOKS COUNTRY BANK and their
    unethical practices. Hell CCB can't even
    afford a toll free way for their customers
    to call customer service or check on their balances and so on. You idiotic people could
    care less about your customers. And anybody that opens an account with CCB after visiting
    this board and seeing what people really think of CCB deserves what they get. For
    the regulars on this board I'm sorry for being so winded tonight, but I'll be damn if I let a CCB employee get on here and lie to these people.
    BOB

13. BOB

BOB Guest

Everybody that has a complaint about CCB needs to e-mail ABC Nightline, this couldn't hurt and could wake the nation up concerning
    Rocco and his perverted employees, and could
    even wake up some State Attorney Generals.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Congratulations...you've won a free copy of "Hooked on Phonics"...and if you can verify you work for CCB, we'll wait a few months to bill you (no, no, I NEVER said it was free...), but late fees will accrue...

You should feel very comfortable doing business this way...

15. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

way to go BOB!!!!!!! you sumed it up perfectly today i have to go to the police station and speak to a investagator.he wants to see all my letters,phone conversations,and bank statements then i will go see my legal advisor. so this is it i will fight them all the way im not sitting back on this one and yes i do have the money to fight.i read alot on this board about no one doing any thing its not us its that other people dont take a stand.like the ny state att. gen. office. and just because i have this card dont mean i have bad credit nor any problems with any other creditors . it was in my mail box one day so i used it. i never even asked for it. so BOB thanks again for the great summary and the information. ill keep you posted!!!

16. nadine

nadine Guest

cross country bank 800 number!

1-800-334-3180 x70500
    1-800-334-3180 x70500
    1-800-334-3180 x70500!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone needs someone to stand up with them and speak out against Cross "@!#$"ry
    (sorry I'm a little bitter here), just e-mail me and I'll be happy to help ya! My boyfriend was a good customer of theirs for 3 years until he decided that he didn't want to renew his card for another year because of the high interest rates. We wrote them a letter stating that we would be paying off our balance but we did not want the card anymore. They sent us new cards anyway, which we ripped up and sent back with another little note. To make a long story short, they ended up putting a yearly fee on our bill which we refused to pay and this turned really ugly when they began calling our house 5 or 6 or more times a day and HARRASSING OUR CHILDREN and ourselves every chance they got. They've been calling us for 3 months now - every day and on Sundays and they even called us on Easter!!!! They told me they didn't have an 800 number that wasn't automated - that's a fat lie!!! One of their employees with a conscious gave it to me and here it is for you!!!! No, this is not the automated one and if there is anyone on this message board who is pro-cross country then you need to leave because you're not welcome here!! :p
    P.S. we had the silver preferred card when this all started - good luck to everyone of us who has battled with these bastards!

1-800-334-3180 x70500
    1-800-334-3180 x70500
    1-800-334-3180 x70500

17. deicide

deicide Guest

Bob, do me a favor and look in Websters and find the word DEICIDE! I think you'll enjoy it's meaning. It's a very exciting word!

18. deicide

deicide Guest

Don, same as I told big Bob, please look up the word DEICIDE in Websters and find the meaning. I think you will also like what you find. If you cant find the word DEICIDE just put a message on the board and I will gladly explain it's meaning.

19. BOB

BOB Guest

RE: cross country bank 800 num

Go Cindy and Nadine,I love to here someone
    taking these UNETHICAL,IMMORAL,LYING,STUPID,
    PANTYWASTE PERVERTS TO COURT, THEY ALWAYS LOOSE. Good Luck to you both. Nadine the trouble with CROOKS COUNTRY BANK usually
    starts after a customer gets their Silver Preferred Card and they get their balance
    up to where CCB thinks the customer can't
    pay it all at once. Then they have you.
    Just like you said, you cancelled and told them you would be paying them off. This gives them a green like to screw you even worse. I'm afraid your troubles have just started. So GOOD LUCK.

20. BOB

BOB Guest

WELL, I guess it's a CROOKS COUNTRY BANK
    EMPLOYEE word, because it is not in the Webster Dictionary. When you look in your Webster's find out how to spell (board not
    bored). And these people on this board
    laugh their ass off when a CCB employee comes on here and posts how wonder CCB is
    if you pay on time and don't go over your limit. We all know that's a bunch BS. YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENTS HELD, PAYMENTS LOST,ILLEGAL
    WITHDRAWALS OUT OF CUSTOMERS ACCOUNTS,TAKING
    MONTHS TO CLEAR UP CCB ERRORS THEY ADMIT ARE THEIRS,RAISING RATES FOR CCB ERRORS AND REFUSING TO LOWER THEM BACK TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE THE CCB ERROR,REFUSAL TO CREDIT CUSTOMERS FOR EXTRA INTEREST PAID FOR THE MONTHS CCB TOOK TO CLEAR THEIR OWN ERRORS,
    The list of unethical practices by CROOKS COUNTRY BANK AND THEIR IMMORAL EMPLOYEES
    is endless, it would take all day to post.
    So as I said when you get to work tell Mr. Shaw to log on and see what people think about CCB, he shouldn't be surprised he
    one of their biggest CROOKS. We need you to keep posting here deicide, the more you post the more people realize CCB employees really
    are stupid. Have a great day at CCB, I glad
    I was one of the lucky ones and got out before they could screw me, but you got my mother and she's got a surprise for Mr. Shaw, so tell him to save his money, he'll need it.