CCB & ABC NIGHTLINE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, May 20, 2000.

1. deicide

deicide Guest

Bob, it's a more than a word it's a way of life. check out www.deicide.com but be very careful, it's dangerous. as for the incorrect spelling of board(bored) I'm sorry. Besides, what about your post to Nadine that said "this gives them a green like to screw you even worse." That sentence doesnt make sense at all. I dont work for ccb either, I work on my family's horsefarm outside lexington,ky.

2. BOB

BOB Guest

That would explain your horses$%t for brains
    attitude, since you work on a farm how do you think you know so much about what CCB has done to these people. Look on all the pages on this board and compare post against CCB and other banks (negative post) you will find no other bank close to being as CROOKED as CCB. CROOKS COUNTRY BANK has a Lexington
    connection so does someone you know work there? Are they telling you how wonderful CCB is? They better wake up or they might be out of a job in a couple of years.

3. deicide

deicide Guest

Bob, check Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary , Tenth Edition, page304 and you will see the word DEICIDE is a noun and IS IN THE DICTIONARY!!!!

4. BOB

BOB Guest

I don't have a collegiate edition, and really
    don't need it, I think we all made it clear
    our concerns about CROOKS COUNTRY BANK. That
    was the real issue you posted on in the first place. You seem to know so much about
    CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, but don't seem to want to answer the questions concerning their
    unethical and illegal practices. Everyone on this board would love to hear from someone as yourself who knows all about how wonderful CCB is, and how they would never screw you on purpose. So please enlighten
    us with your wisdom.

5. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I have a CCB card for a couple years with no trouble. I have had their silver card for about a year with no problems.
    At what point are people starting to have difficulty with CCB?
    After readiing the postings here I am wondering if I should pay it off and get out, or will they even let me out?

6. sfu

sfu Guest

Steve, you sound like your managing your acct. very well. You wont have any problems with ccb if you keep doing what you have been. Many postings on this board are from disgruntled folks who got themselves in trouble with a cc and are now mad at the bank that gave them the card.

7. bg

bg Guest

STEVE, I wouldn't trust sfu, this person either works for, or has a friend or family member that that works for CCB. Just read all the post about CCB aka CROOKS COUNTRY BILK, CROOKS COUNTRY BANK,OR CCB "ROCCO'S
    DRUG MONEY LAUNDRY BANK". JUST READ ALL THE POST'S ON THESE PAGES AND GO TO SOME OF THE OTHER CREDIT BOARDS AND READ THOSE POST'S CONCERNING CCB. After that you can decide for yourself. Crooks country doesn't get everybody, just about 75-80%. They wait till you have a balance high enough they think you can't pay-off all at once, then they start holding payments, losing payments,
    their world famous computer will make an error, etc etc. It has nothing to do with
    your payment history. I've seen people (customers of CCB) post on here how wonderful CCB is and they have no problems with them.Then a few months or a year later they come on here and say what a fool they were to post how wonderful these crooks are,
    and that they wish they would have listened
    to the people on this board before they got in over their head. But you will have to make that final decision. Good Luck

8. bg

bg Guest

Steve, look at my post above

bg

steve wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have a CCB card for a couple years with no trouble. I have had their silver card for about a year with no problems.
    At what point are people starting to have difficulty with CCB?
    After readiing the postings here I am wondering if I should pay it off and get out, or will they even let me out?

9. Len

Len Guest

That's certainly not true. My account with Cross Country was in good standing, I had 2 Silver Cards, and carried a small balance on each. Getting myself in trouble with the cards was not the problem. I'm angry that Cross Country is based on them losing and holding payments so they could collect late fees, raiding my checking account, making so many errors on my statements that I couldn't keep track of them, providing no customer service, never correcting mistakes, and making closing my accounts an expensive, agonizing, 6 month ordeal.
    Disgruntled!? I'm mad as hell that Cross Country has cheated, screwed, and ripped off myself and countless others.
    Cross Country's slimeball reputation in the financial community speaks for itself.

10. Len

Len Guest

I'm one of the fools who couldn't believe the horror stories about Cross Country. No bank could as bad as I read here and elsewhere.

Two years after getting a Cross Country card I learned they're even worse than I read. I was stunned by how incredibly awful Cross Country is.
    It was very expensive and uniquely humiliating experience.

11. Len

Len Guest

BOB, if a guy who wants to kill all the Christians recommends Cross Country, that explains a great deal:)

12. BOB

BOB Guest

Len I agree with you, that explains their reasoning about CROOKS COUNTRY BANK. Nobody working at CCB could be a christian, I mean anybody who treats people the way they do
    can not be all there upstairs. Mr. Shaw&Rocco
    are to of the biggest crooks in the business.
    sfu aka deicide is the most ignorant person I
    have seen on here since bobby left. But anybody who wants to kill God should not be trusted for any advice,especially when it comes to CCB. I knew this person was stupid
    but I had no idea how stupid until I looked her favorite word up.

13. Chad

Chad Guest

I have a CC Visa that I have had for 2 years without any problems. I have read all of the problems posted on this board as well as other and I must say, I am a little concerned. I'm educated enough to know that a lot of what I have read is, in part, the fault of the card holder, HOWEVER, there are patterns of poor business practice even with those that have paid in good faith. Going over your limit or sending in your payments with 4-5 days to spare is not good credit management, with any credit card. I'm not trying to preach, but FirstUSA or Amex would make me grab my ankles if I went over my limit or if I was late with a payment. It's the practice of losing checks, which seems to be common and cancelling the applied "dis" advantage scam that have started to worry me. I'll be honest, like most of the people here, I got this card through the mail. I appeared on the "Bad Boy" list of CC companies due to a credit score in the low 500's. I have since brought my score back to a good standing and my intentions are to close any and all "high risk" cards that I have. My concern is, has anyone ever closed their CCB card with success? It sounds like on my last payment in July I will need to include a $50 buffer to make sure I cover and and all hidden fees. Please, if anyone has closed thier CCB card without problems or at least closed it with a small loss, let me know.
    Deicide; n. The killing of a God.
    Why would anyone engage in a battle of wits with a person that wants to be known as "deicide"? In the courts, the term is used for people that are being tried for crimes against God (ie grave robbing, desecration of the church). Anyway, I'm looking for help on closing my CCB card, not on grammer. Are there any success stories?

14. steve

steve Well-Known Member

can you explain in more detail? what exactly did they do?
    I am very worried about this card company and want to know what to watch for.
    As far as deicide, I was stunned to find out the meaning of that word!
    What an imoral and horribly ugly word and anyone who uses it is an ignorant fool.
    I sincerely hope I never see that user on this board again!
    If deicide does indeed work for CCB, that is reason enough not to use their card.

15. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I have read all this and I am very concerned. Not sure what to do yet.
    It is hard to understand why this compnay gets away with all this and nothing is done.
    Unfortuneatly I havent read much good about the other cards I hold. I did cancel a Capitol One card after they charged me a late fee which put me over limit (no, I was not late) and then proceed to charge me for going over my limit! Plus no credit increase after 2 years, I paid the account and told them to shove it. I now hold, in addition to CCB, an orchard bank card and a nextcard.
    I guess it all boils down to the fact that if I had not screwed up my credit in the first place I wouldn't have to deal with these assholes.

16. steve

steve Well-Known Member

What is wrong with you?
    We certainly don't need posts from someone who is as ignorant as to use a name like deicide and then tout it.
    You need some help my friend but not the kind you can get from this board.
    You are not welcome here and if you do indeed work for CCB, then that is reason enough not to do business with them.

17. steve

steve Well-Known Member

so you are proud of this word aren't you?
    no one else is and obviously you are an evil person. The card companies are evil enough, we don't need you coming here and spreading your disgusting philosophy.

18. BOB

BOB Guest

STEVE, there are several people like that working at CROOKS COUNTRY BANK, STARTING WITH QUEEN ROCCO. You wanted some details about CCB? Well let's see, once you have a balance big enough they think you can't pay it all at once it starts. They will hold
    payments till there late, they will lose payments on purpose,(if it happens once
    you feel it could be true), but after they lose or say they never received it 3 out of 6 months you realize they are lying. So the fees mount up, late fees that cause you to be overlimit so there are more fees, then their wonderful computer makes an error that
    will take them months to clear up while they charge you a higher rate. Then when they finally clear that up they won't credit your account for the higher rate you have been paying, or reduce your rate back to where it was. They will take funds out of your checking account without your approval, and the list goes on. Their Customer Service Dept. is run by a bunch of unethical,immmoral
    crooks that talk out their ass because their mouth knows better. But they will tell you how wonderful they are. They have recently added online payment option, but they charge you $3.00 to use it. There is no toll free #
    for customer service, and you get the runaround when you call. Hell Steve I could go on forever with the unethical practices
    of this bunch of SCUMBAGS.

19. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Hey Chad! I recently closed my Cross Country Bank account. I had no problems doing this(thank goodness). I paid my balance in full before doing this though & waited for at least 2 billing cycles with a 0 balance. I then wrote a letter to the address that is on the back of my statement. I can't remember the address off hand(but the one if you don't want to pay the annual fee). I informed them that I wanted my account closed & to be listed as "closed by the consumer" with the credit bureaus(I added cc: to each credit bureau on letter). I cut my card in half & sent it along with the letter(I also wrote in the letter that I had done this). I also stated I wanted a letter mailed to me confirming that my account was officially closed. Lastly, I sent this return receipt requested. You do not have to do this, but I informed CCB why I was closing the account(ie: toll # for custmr svc, high interest, annual fee, etc.) I want them to know why they are losing customers. I received a confirmation within 10-12 days. Sorry so long winded. I hope this helps. Good luck!

20. Len

Len Guest

Grave robbing - Well, let's not give Cross Country more ideas how to screw us! It's probably been considered in Boca Raton already.