CCB & ABC NIGHTLINE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BOB, May 20, 2000.

1. dw

dw Guest

My CCB story, my CCB expositio

My problems with them started with the very first statement I received from them, less than one month after having their card, where they had already added charged fees and "cash advances" (for a whole $1.34), and finance charge to take the balance over the limit right away. I called within a month to cancel the card, agreeing to pay only what I charged on it. They told me that since I used the card, I was bound by the terms, and that I owed them the entire amount. I replied "sue me", I wasn't paying anything other than what I charged, which was $234.00. (Coincidentally, the advertised a credit limit was $1,500.00, yet extended only 500.00, which made it very easy for them to tack on illegitimate charges to bring the account over the limit). Throughout many months, letters, phone calls, and several payments I made to them to pay ONLY what I charged, I was consistently harassed, both by phone, home and work, and through masses of letters. Even special invitations to re-open my account (at the inaccurately high balance, and an additional huge fee, of course) and "Save my Credit" in their efforts to trick me even further. They finally pissed me off enough that I said to myself "@!#$ 'em", and I quit making any payments at all on the balance of what I owed. I stepped out of their playground and let them play with themselves, which they seemed to have a dandy time doing, even sent me to collections as a last resort!! After sitting the collections agency back in their chair, and threatening them with lawsuit, I spent my (very rare) spare time compiling my documentation and my letter of complaint, which included my demand for them to stop their crap, take my final payment as payment in full, back off, and shut the @!#$ up. (Stated much more professionally of course)! Just as I had finished my final draft, I got notice that my account was written off. This, of course, meant that were taking the liberty to mark my credit report negatively. basically- I quit playing their stupid little game so they "showed me" by "beating me up", just to prove what bullies they really are. They act like frick'in little children for god sakes!)

I have watched and posted on this board for a long time, yet infrequently (I really do have a life besides screwing around with these idiots!), and what I, as a Social Psychology student, have observed comes down to one basic thing, ALL OF THEIR VICTIMS STORIES ARE THE SAME, AND THEIR ARE PLENTY OF VICTIMS! It doesn't matter whether you do business with them one day or over several years. If they want to screw with you, they will. They don't care who you are, what geographical area you live, or social level you exist at. They are evil, blood hungry vultures that have exemplified, especially from these most recent "Deicide" postings, that they have only immoral, unethical, extortion intentions and ideas.

Our only hope at ridding these "demons" from our lives is as much exposition of them as we can get. If left to be free to continue operating as they do, we can only count on a complete and catastrophic change in the entire Credit Industry. Eventually, one vulture's find draws the other vultures to the prey. They are out their circling as we speak!!

I invite any CCB victim who is interested in the idea of National exposition of CCB to e-mail me with comments, ideas, or feedback, at wdidi@usa.net. (No you stinkin' CCB Scumbags, you don't scare me a bit!!)

On limited time, I have big plans to offer as grand an exposition as I am capable of! My Dad always taught me, "if you're going to do something, do it right, don't waste your time doing it half-assed! I happen value my time!

Although I paint a pretty dramatic picture here, it is what I believe to be the truth. If even one of every 5 people who has had their lives negatively impacted by the CCB scumbags, would take the time to send an e-mail or letter, or phone call in an attempt to get exposure, to whoever's ear they can successfully bend, there will be power in the majority!

I have already seen that I am in that majority myself, are you?

Life is too short for this CCB bull, I propose we work together to end it, once and for all. Got anything you can contribute to the idea? I completely open minded about it! Let me know.

Cheers!

dw

2. dw

dw Guest

Ditto and Amen!!

Len - please take the time to read my posting below "My CCB story, my CCB exposition". I would be honored to have you on "my team".
    Meredith as well, I like her spirit, and StevenZ, his intellect and guidance, and Bob, you keep it straight as well! I would love to gather some of the best from here to assist me in gaining national exposition of the scumbags.

Even though I am a stubborn, feisty, semi-intellegent, and determined, (and often potty mouthed), individual, I can't do it alone!

Think about it, please?

dw

3. BOB

BOB Guest

Len,Meredith,StevenZ, what do you think about this offer, if you think it's a good idea I'm all for it. I know for a fact we
    all have alot of personal experience w/CCB
    plsu the fact we have seen first hand what these uneducated,immoral,&unethical can do to people. Maybe some others would like to get involved, possibly Alex,Kristi, I know
    bg wants a shot at them. Let me know what you think, I've been gone the last couple of days so I'm behind on the news.
    THANKS
    BOB

4. Len

Len Guest

RE: My CCB story, my CCB expos

I'd be willing to get involved in
    any effort to expose Cross
    Country and help warn people. dw wrote:-------------------------------My problems with them started with the very first statement I received from them, less than one month after having their card, where they had already added charged fees and "cash advances" (for a whole $1.34), and finance charge to take the balance over the limit right away. I called within a month to cancel the card, agreeing to pay only what I charged on it. They told me that since I used the card, I was bound by the terms, and that I owed them the entire amount. I replied "sue me", I wasn't paying anything other than what I charged, which was $234.00. (Coincidentally, the advertised a credit limit was $1,500.00, yet extended only 500.00, which made it very easy for them to tack on illegitimate charges to bring the account over the limit). Throughout many months, letters, phone calls, and several payments I made to them to pay ONLY what I charged, I was consistently harassed, both by phone, home and work, and through masses of letters. Even special invitations to re-open my acc....

5. dw

dw Guest

RE: More of My CCB story, my C

Len:

If I can gather enough support, I would like to start with getting documentation of each person's stories. The exposure that I am considering is on the lines of 20/20, 60 minutes, 48 hours, or Oprah Winfrey, one of the BIG guys per say. I'd be happy to brainstorm with whomever is seriously interested, but I would rather do it through an e-mail base, or over the phone. Don't want any of the CCB scumbags to know my strategy. The way I look at it, I tried every reasonable measure to rectify this whole CCB scam crap with them, and they just persisted to make me stressed and miserable. Now it's my turn to bite them in the ass!!

I'd like to share with you a little more background to my story, to help you and the others consider whether or not they would like to join forces. I am the world biggest skeptic at this point, so I can certainly understand some reluctance!! I applied for the CCB card, upon THEIR solicitation of me, just after beginning to rebuild my credit. (Sept. 98) In part, I was purchasing a home with my boyfriend at the time and knew that a credit card would come in handy for new home necessities. That was all I had in mind. I wasn't even familiar with how the whole credit industry had turned so foul, as I had one other credit card through an agency that assists to rebuild credit (AFCA), for a minimal fee. That was it. Basically, I had not used or had credit for approximately 8 years, as I was fulfilling my time on a bankruptcy (which was the result of a failed marriage - he was self employed and a drunk drug addict - need I say more!) I figured at that time I would just clean my slate and start over, taking full responsibility for serving my "time" with the bankruptcy. We closed on our house mid-Sept. 98. 4 days later, I learned that my then 3 year old needed her 2nd Open Heart surgery within the next few weeks, to replace a failing valve she had from her first surgery (at 3 months of age). Needless to say, my world turned upside down on a dime. The boyfriend didn't handle crisis well and became a major hindrance during this time. (I had to call the cops, if that gives you an idea of the picture here! I decided to leave and go to good ol' Mom's and deal with my daughters life instead) My 3 year old had two surgeries, Oct. 1st preliminary, and on Oct. 8th for the Open heart. Just after getting her home from the hospital, and not knowing exactly where my finances stood as I had NO time to even worry about them while she was in the hospital, I used the new CCB card I had received in the mail during this time. I admit, I didn't even read all the "here's how were gonna @!#$ you over" terms as they so proudly preach we should've read. I knew I had a credit line, and I used it at a time when I needed it the most, and when I needed that convenience. Believe me, I learned to regret not paying better attention to their "terms" statement better upon receiving my first statement. I don't know what possessed me, but I tried to forgive the boyfriend for being such a dick during this difficult time. Then, his ugly angry side popped it's ugly head out again in Nov. 98. This time, I called the cops and they hauled his ass away, charging him with both domestic violence and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, for he had been such an ass in front of my kids! (First time, shame on you, Second time, shame on me!) At this point, I knew he was not well and I refused to work anything out. (My kids are my life, and NOBODY messes with them, even emotionally!) This didn't seem to bother him much, he didn't blink an eye at bailing on me, and leaving me stuck with the mortgage. The point I am getting at is now I was left paying the ENTIRE mortgage by myself, which I really couldn't afford on my own. The catch 22 was, I couldn't afford to have my newly rebuilt credit tarnished either, nor could I put my kids through anymore. I opted to do my best at getting by and keeping the house myself. He happily quit claimed it to me in January 99. This was where the true beginning of my financial stresses began. During that time is when I contacted CCB about their screwed up first statement to me. They were jerks, so I was a jerk back. I wasn't much on tolerance at this point in my life, know what I mean?! Then, in January 99, I wrote them a letter, to the President, as CCB instructed, appealing to them for leniency while also promising to pay the debt of the $234.00 as fast as I possibly could. I never heard anything from the President or his office in return, instead, I started getting barraged with letters from their collections department, you know Shane Neff, Meryle Beard, et al. I then called to speak to someone about making a $30.00 per month payment on what I charged only, but not for the illegitimate crap they were trying to get me for. My offer was refused; they had to have at least $70.00 or else. Well, I'll give you one guess what my reaction was at this point! I sent in my $30.00 payments anyway, because that was all I could afford, and even that was pushing it, plain and simple. The didn't let up, they started calling me and harassing me at home. I blocked my line so they couldn't get through without first announcing themselves. Then they started harassing me at work. I insisted they stop, but they refused. I started just hanging up on them when they would call. Then I started getting threatening letters from their "legal" department. When I would call back to speak to the person who "signed" the letter, I could never get through. That's when the dance began. I turned the tables on them and started calling and harassing them and demanding to speak to the people who wrote to me in person. It was great fun, and a great release, especially when their reps started hanging up on me!!! (Still makes me giggle inside!) At that point is when I copped my attitude of @!#$ 'em, they can kiss my rosy red one. I've got not time for bullies!! I got a roommate, was making my mortgage fine, and had collected a couple of other credit cards by now. Their games were no longer a stress to me, other than I knew they would eventually send me to collections and then try to screw up my, by now, good credit standing. Which they did mark negatively, but it just isn't as big a deal as I thought it would be. I have other plans for rectifying their bad mark on my credit, besides the exposition, by filing a rebuttal on my own credit report. This way, at least the story is CLEAR! I might mention also that they marked on my credit report that THEY closed my account, which is also inaccurate. I can prove them wrong on that one as well. You see, I am a documentation queen, and I save and write down EVERYTHING!! If I've learned one thing in life, it is that documentation is the key to winning all disputes!! Oh, and get this, in May of 99 I got an application from CCB for a pre-approved credit line of $2,500.00!! (think that had anything to do with their screwed up system and the fact that I had now become a "homeowner"?!!)

I apologize for being so long winded here, but I really want you and the others to know that I am serious about this. I am a very proud, forthright, responsible, spiritual, intuitive, sometimes self righteous, and sometimes crazy(!), self reliant, genuine and passionate person with a lot of fortitude. (Let's not forget my good sense of humor as well, life is just too short not to laugh at things once in a while). I am by far an idiot. Not only that but I am pretty damned good at nipping peoples at heals when necessary, to get the results I need! (My father was an army man!) Even some of my best friends have told me that they would hate to piss me off because they know I could become retaliatory and relentless!!

Fair is Fair. CCB chose to do business unethically and immorally. I (we) can chose to retaliate in the same. Best way to beat a crook is to learn his methods and use it against him!

If you are the least bit interested, please e-mail me at wdidi@usa.net. I will share with you my phone number so we can discuss further, or, if you feel so inclined, share yours with me and I will spend the nickel! It's worth giving this idea a shot. It's worked for others, history has proven that. I don't see at this point why it couldn't work for us. I hope my sharing an additional dimension to my story will help you to see that I am legitimate. They are a degrading, destructive business that operates under the precept of being a "credit re-builder". They ought to be hung by the balls for what they have done to SO MANY people!!

Please think about it.

Cheers!!

6. dw

dw Guest

Bob:

I wrote more to Len. Please read it and consider. I have to warn you though; it's probably the size of a mini-novel! Don't read until you have a few minutes to chew on it!

I am more than willing to coordinate and initiate this project. Although I stay way too busy as it is, and often go on little sleep, I truly believe this would be a rewarding experience for me, and for many others! Nightline hasn't done @!#$ yet, I've written to them twice. My attorney brushes me off; he's not interested. What's there to lose but some time and a little bit privacy?? (Besides, I've got some kind of crazy crusader blood in me, thanks to my blessed Grandmother, mixed with some con-artist blood, thanks to my con-man natural father (never paid a lick of child support, but worked for the Dept. of Economic Security, Child Support Division!), and some militaristic character, thanks to my step Dad who adopted and raised me, and the love and support of a good pure Mother and my great, well behaved kids.

Not a bad combination for this type of project!!!

Please, don't hold back, tell me what you think. I am sincerely interested.

Cheers!

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I'm trying not to fall of my chair laughing as I type.

Your screen name is very impressive...but it sounds like you've played a few too many computer games and got lost in the imaginary characters..

I'm ridiculing your post because of the grammar errors WITHIN the message, you fool..

Keep posting, we need the laughs...

8. Tom

Tom Guest

Anybody with severe problems with Cross Country Bank, please contact me at the above e-mail address. I would like to see us start a class action suit against these crooks. Thnk you

9. dw

dw Guest

Don, if you are the Don that sent me a response to my desire to do a CCB exposition:

I got your e-mail, and typed you a response. But, I got it returned as undeliverable. I sent a second, just to be sure. If you are sincerely interested, please e-mail me again so we can communicate about it.

Thanks!

dw

10. Todd

Todd Guest

Wow, do I feel lucky. Maybe the feeling's a bit premature. After surfing into this site by chance, the words Cross Country Bank caught my eye. I had been looking for a good hour at message boards, trying to find some information on department store cards. Then I came upon this post, and the ridiculously long list of replies to just this ONE post about CCB. I ended up spending another hour or so reading all of the horror stories about this company and it's employees. I had NO idea! Like Steve and Chad, I've had my CCB card for about 2 years without any problems. After reading for a while, I too, was wondering if anyone had escaped CCB unscathed. I was happy to see Miles' post, and I'm going to try his approach. Hopefully, I'll be in the 25% (or is it 20%? ...or less?!) that successfully close their account with minimal damage/headaches. If anyone else has suggestions on how to sneak away from this concentration of evil, or has done it, please post. It'll probably be 5-6 weeks before I can scrounge up the cash to pay off my balance. Pray for me it's not too late. I know everyone wishes me luck, and the same to all in my situation. I'll post the results of my attempt at freedom. If I have to go through half of the B.S. that most of you have experienced, you can bet I'm not just going to sit on my hands. You might have to sign me up for the fight. Your time is appreciated.